Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restricted View Seats

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
So was anyone lucky enough to sit behind a post or have the Kop goal blocked by a beam? Was it as bad as it was initially lead to believe?

The restricted view we had at the top of our end was awful, had to bend down the whole game to see the Kop end goal. "We're the shit stand, we're the whit stand, we're the shit stand brighton boys!"
If we'd have all sat down the view would have been fine, but no chance of that!

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
we were in the back row. could barely see past the halfway line when standing, which we had to due to everyone standing. couldn't see the goal at our end because of everyone standing and to top it off a pillar blocked the centre spot! absolutely shocking! managed to squeeze onto the end of a row further down so i could see both goals but still had the pillar in the way

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
So was anyone lucky enough to sit behind a post or have the Kop goal blocked by a beam? Was it as bad as it was initially lead to believe?

This way my £26 "unrestricted view" seat. Shite. Not happy about it but what can you do eh? Happy I made it, not happy with the scoreline......

IMAG0145-1.jpg

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
That away end is utter shite. That has to be the smallest leg room for a seat since Luton. Anyone wanting to sit who was over 5'10 would have had their knee caps around their chin.

I feel for those who had awful views. I was okay but my son had one of those where you had to crouch down to see past the halfway line.

The viewing problem has been ever since that upper tier was built on the Anfield Road End. There were seats where you couldn't see either goal & about one third of the pitch. It makes us appreciate what a wonderful construction The Amex is.

I was 2 rows from the back to the left of the goal and quite frankly was apalled at the seats. Yes they were restricted view seats but common you could only see 60% of the pitch and those in the back row could see literally nothing. If all the PLANKS had just sat down about 1000 people would have been able to enjoy a game that cost them £5 less than everyone else. I have to say I didn't enjoy the game at all. Dissapointed but hey ho what can you do.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's scandalous that a premier league ground has any restricted views.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Liverpool have trying to move out of Anfiel for years now. the site is way too small for a n all seater european club stadium....

here are some plans for a new Anfield
thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

Both planned TEN years ago. No nearer them NOW than they were THEN. and look how the costs have escalated. Back then they were planning to spend £60-70m to build a 55,000 seater. We SPENT Double that for a stadium that is HALF the capacity that Liverpool want. that must put the cost of their plans now around around £172,000,000 (£172 million)

Friday, 17 May, 2002, 11:15 GMT 12:15 UK
Liverpool unveil new stadium

An artist's impression of the new Anfield

Liverpool have revealed plans to quit Anfield and move to a new 55,000-seater stadium at nearby Stanley Park.
The club have presented plans to Liverpool City Council and they hope the stadium - which will cost between £60m and £70m to build - will be ready for the start of the 2005 season.

Liverpool choose realism over romance

Liverpool insist the new stadium will still be called Anfield, and will be only 300 yards away from the current ground.

Liverpool's original plan to build a 70,000 capacity stadium was rejected after it was felt the projected cost of £120m might affect manager Gerard Houllier's team-building plans.

Chief executive Rick Parry told Liverpool's official website, liverpoolfc.tv: "What we don't want to do - and what we won't ever do - is lose the focus that the team comes first.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I was 2 rows from the back to the left of the goal and quite frankly was apalled at the seats. Yes they were restricted view seats but common you could only see 60% of the pitch and those in the back row could see literally nothing. If all the PLANKS had just sat down about 1000 people would have been able to enjoy a game that cost them £5 less than everyone else. I have to say I didn't enjoy the game at all. Dissapointed but hey ho what can you do.

We (me plus son) too had TERRIBLE seats - due the cock up in the BHA ticket office.

We were in the left hand corner, pretty near the back.

After about 15 minutes we'd had enough, and decided to move, so went down, walked along the concourse and up into another block.

Strolled past the strewards, and found an empty seat on the end of an aisle wherethere was enough room for two of us to stand.

Great view, fantastic.

Only problem is that whilst we were walking along the concourse, WE MISSED OUR GOAL!!!!!!!!!!

He Shot He Scored

Jan 25, 2010
Non-Restricted View Seats - alledgedly

I was in row 32 in block 124 - these were not restricted view seats and cost £30 what a joke! as others have said, its like looking through a letterbox. I went down the front to try and find somewhere where my two young kids could see better, but it was hopeless and there seemed to be more fans than seats by the look of it.

Also, I looked at the pricing in the Kop end, all seats cheaper than our end which I thought was not allowed - at the Amex, the away fans pay the same as fans in the North as the view is similar, and this is as it should be. Am I right in thinking this is not allowed? I've e-mailed Liverpool FC about this so interesting to see what they say.

supergeorge

Sep 7, 2009
How they get away with it is beyond me. Row 34, second row from the back. Sit down, couldn't see the goal at our end, stand up, couldn't see beyond the halfway line!
I had my 8 year old son with me, not a chance of seeing anything.

moan over, now for some praise!

The Head Steward came up to me before kick off and said that if everybody stood then my boy would not see a thing, if that was the case then come and find him and he would see what he would do. 5 minutes I went in search of him, spoke to another steward who could do enough to help, we went off around the away end to find him, he remembered the conversation and told me to go and get my son and other half and he would wait for us in the concourse. True to his word he found us 3 seats in the front row! he cam back later to check they my son was Ok as well. Top man, that is how stewards should be.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Those with restricted views should have been grateful, imo.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We were in the back row, quite central but I soon realised that if everybody stood we would see nothing. If I stood on the rail of the row in front I could see the near goal clearly, but my 12yo son struggled (to his credit he didn't whinge and said he enjoyed the trip). The other problem was that the low roof insulated us from the atmosphere - I gather the fans were phenomenal, but I was there and wouldn't know!

I will write to LFC and see if I get anywhere with some compensation. I knew we had restricted view but because the Stewards didn't attempt to enforce the ground regulations on standing, me and my family, frankly, could have saved a couple of hundred quid and 'enjoyed' it more on TV.

PG

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When you next sit in or stand in front of your seat at the Amex think about the Liverpool STH's who have those seats every game

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Surprised none of the "real" fans have not been on this thread, letting you know only wimps use the allocated seats or even sit in them.

I hope some of them get an idea of how f***ing shit their behaviour is every game. Small kids should be able to watch the game, Mr macho men!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here