Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion, FA Cup 5th Round *** Official Match Thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Let's give this one the build up it deserves and maintain the BBBW winning strike rate in the process!!

Date: 19th February 2012
Venue: Anfield
Kick Off: 16.30
Referee: Andre Mariner

Team News:

Liverpool will wish for a more low key affair than last weeks explosive trip to Old Trafford and, having beaten Brighton earlier this season in the League Cup they will be confident of progressing. Kenny Dalglish welcomes back a fit again Maxi Rodriguez, whilst it is likely that Luis Suarez will start the match after coming off the bench and scoring at Old Trafford. The Uruguayan will be pleased to know that he will receive a warm greeting from compatriot Gus Poyet the Brighton manager, who publicly supported Suarez during the Evra race row. Liverpool are expected to play in an offensive 4-3-3 formation with captain Steven Gerrard providing the ammunition for the 3 pronged attack of Suarez, Bellamy and Carroll.

Brighton have no fresh injury worries although long term absentees Tomny Elphick, Gary Dicker and Marcos Painter will miss the tie. Manchester City loanees Abdul Razak and Gai Assulin may have to settle for places on the bench whilst former Spanish footballer of the year Vicente Rodrigues is fancied to start provided he has demonstrated sufficient fitness in training during the week. Will Buckley who missed Tuesday's visit of Millwall is expected to return to the Brighton starting line up and will be hopeful of continuing his rich vein of form of recent matchwinning goals. Winger Craig Noone, a die hard scouser will be desperate to start the match, realising a schoolboy dream of gracing the Anfield turf.

One to watch:

Liverpool - Craig Bellamy: The enigmatic Welshman has been in superb form over the last few weeks and will look to add to his recent goal tally on Sunday

Brighton - Will Buckley: Brighton's jet-heeled winger has been terrorising Championship defences this season and will be confident of giving Jose Enrique an uncomfortable afternoon.

My predicition? - An FA Cup classic ending in a 3-3 draw with Brighton earning a replay back at the Amex.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Let's give this one the build up it deserves and maintain the BBBW winning strike rate in the process!!

Date: 19th February 2012
Venue: Anfield
Kick Off: 16.40
Referee: Andre Mariner

Team News:

Liverpool will wish for a more low key affair than last weeks explosive trip to Old Trafford and, having beaten Brighton earlier this season in the League Cup they will be confident of progressing. Kenny Dalglish welcomes back a fit again Maxi Rodriguez, whilst it is likely that Luis Suarez will start the match after coming off the bench and scoring at Old Trafford. The Uruguayan will be pleased to know that he will receive a warm greeting from compatriot Gus Poyet the Brighton manager, who publicly supported Suarez during the Evra race row. Liverpool are expected to play in an offensive 4-3-3 formation with captain Steven Gerrard providing the ammunition for the 3 pronged attack of Suarez, Bellamy and Carroll.

Brighton have no fresh injury worries although long term absentees Tomny Elphick, Gary Dicker and Marcos Painter will miss the tie. Manchester City loanees Abdul Razak and Gai Assulin may have to settle for places on the bench whilst former Spanish footballer of the year Vicente Rodrigues is fancied to start provided he has demonstrated sufficient fitness in training during the week. Will Buckley who missed Tuesday's visit of Millwall is expected to return to the Brighton starting line up and will be hopeful of continuing his rich vein of form of recent matchwinning goals. Winger Craig Noone, a die hard scouser will be desperate to start the match, realising a schoolboy dream of gracing the Anfield turf.

One to watch:

Liverpool - Craig Bellamy: The enigmatic Welshman has been in superb form over the last few weeks and will look to add to his recent goal tally on Sunday

Brighton - Will Buckley: Brighton's jet-heeled winger has been terrorising Championship defences this season and will be confident of giving Jose Enrique an uncomfortable afternoon.

My predicition? - An FA Cup classic ending in a 3-3 draw with Brighton earning a replay back at the Amex.

And it's 16:30 KO isn't? Those ten minutes could play havoc with train times.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I hope you're not always this early!

Ha!! :) I am interested in getting into Journalism HB&B so any constructive feedback, indeed from anyone would be gratefully received. Does anyone work in the industry?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

D

Deleted User X18H

Ha!! :) I am interested in getting into Journalism HB&B so any constructive feedback, indeed from anyone would be gratefully received. Does anyone work in the industry?

Knowing what time the match kicks-off I imagine would be invaluable to any hack!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Ha!! :) I am interested in getting into Journalism

I suggest you learn how to hack phones then - it's the only way to get ahead ... oh, and have a good imagination to make up stories. Hopefully soon, kissing Murdochs arse won't be a job requirement.

What sort of journalism - hopefully not the printed press, that's not going to survive very long.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I suggest you learn how to hack phones then - it's the only way to get ahead ... oh, and have a good imagination to make up stories. Hopefully soon, kissing Murdochs arse won't be a job requirement.

What sort of journalism - hopefully not the printed press, that's not going to survive very long.

Sports Radio journalism ideally Tricky although I am aware it's an extremely difficult field to get into.....

I just need a break. :)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sports Radio journalism ideally Tricky although I am aware it's an extremely difficult field to get into.....

I just need a break. :)

Hmmm, I wish you the very best of luck, but rather narrowing your chances, by being so specific, no ?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Hmmm, I wish you the very best of luck, but rather narrowing your chances, by being so specific, no ?

Well that would be my ideal career but I am quite happy to cut my teeth in the printed press.

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Proper investigative journalism sounds like fun - the tabloids ? well, I'd never buy one, so I think they're the lowest of the low.

I concur, I wouldn't even warrant a red top with the title of 'Newspaper'!!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The million dollar question, will Vicente start tomorrow??

Noddy11

Nov 24, 2011
whilst we all wait with bated breath for your career in journalsim to start could you please ensure that your current career does not falter, i have just been in the bogs and they need mopping and trap 2 has no paper left, in your own time.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here