Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall fans: ban them from the Amex next time?

Would you ban Millwall fans the next time they are due at the Amex

• Yes

Votes: 65 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 70 51.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lots of comments about the less savoury elements to visit the Amex last night.

So, if you had the authority to do it, would you say "Sorry, no tickets for you next time?"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No. It would encourage away supporters to find their way into the home end.

I'd just halve their allocation to be honest.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
No this is a terrible idea, perhaps have more control in place on ticket sales, away fan special train, more proactive stewarding and policing.

I have seen a very small minority of fans act in similar fashion the other week away at Sehurst I would be shocked if they asked for the same. Its an Ugly side of football but banning it rather than dealing with it will only make it worse over time.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Definitely not. Unfair on the fans who behave themselves.

Imagine how we would react if we were banned from the New Den because a minority of fans ran amok or we got banned from Selhurst because Brighton fans ripped up and stole seats / chucked things at players etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Definitely not. Unfair on the fans who behave themselves.

Imagine how we would react if we were banned from the New Den because a minority of fans ran amok or we got banned from Selhurst because Brighton fans ripped up and stole seats / chucked things at players etc.
It would be a pisser and unfair on the majority, but really not the end of the world. Not that I would choose it, mind. (see above)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I would say no, but reduce the allocation to withdean levels. If any continuation of bad behaviour continues then refuse them tickets.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I would. Beam it back to the Den and let them wreck their own stadium. Might encourage the better fans to take some responsibility by identifying the troublemakers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Note: before someone somewhere writes something like "that twat Bozza on North Stand Chat is saying Millwall fans should be banned from the Amex" - no, no I'm not. I'm merely putting the poll up based on opinions raised last night and this morning. Oh, and I voted 'no' too.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
No, because unless I missed something it was probably less than 5% of their fans misbehaving last night. Reports are that 40 or so were arrested, of 2,000ish. Seems unfair to punish to other 1,960. Put stricter controls in place though, but not so restrictive that it causes them to act out in protest. As [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] said (sorry, I don't know how to do mentions properly) if we treat them like hooligans they'll live up to it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
No, because unless I missed something it was probably less than 5% of their fans misbehaving last night. Reports are that 40 or so were arrested, of 2,000ish. Seems unfair to punish to other 1,960. Put stricter controls in place though, but not so restrictive that it causes them to act out in protest. As [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] said (sorry, I don't know how to do mentions properly) if we treat them like hooligans they'll live up to it.

Clearly wasn't just 40 that were causing trouble though by the sound of it. Perhaps if the whole club were punished they'd actually start to address the issue?

The number arrested is not a measure of how many were causing trouble. The number involved was substantially higher than that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here