Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know how to get a passport in 24 hours?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So, step-daughter due to go skiing early Friday morning and has only just discovered she's lost her passport!

Checked the website for the passport office and it says although a one day emrgency service is available, it is NOT for lost or stolen passports.

Anyone had similar and got round it?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A few years back I lost a passport the day before I was going to Amsterdam. I really don't know if it is still there but I went to Petit france in London and got passport on same day. Check if it's still there.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Jesus, how spooky is this.

Googled petty france london passport office and about the 10th response was.....

Passport Office in London

:eek:

Not looking good though, everywhere I find seems to say the same thing - 24hr passport service is not available for lost or stolen. One very stroppy pissed off step-daughter coming up for a week methinks!

Last edited:

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
She can borrow mine 0_o

-edit-

If she has ID saying she is a British Citizen and flying within the EU then she doesn't need a passport. Check what forms of ID are fine; i think driving license is one.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Expect to pay around £120 upwards for a days turnaround

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
She can borrow mine 0_o

-edit-

If she has ID saying she is a British Citizen and flying within the EU then she doesn't need a passport. Check what forms of ID are fine; i think driving license is one.

many airlines refuse to accept that - best to phone Petty France at 9am and get an appointment time for an express passport. Cost me about £120 if I remember right when I had to get one a couple of years ago (then found the original 2 days later)

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Barry the forger in London can do a 24hr turn around and will only charge you a bag o sand

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
many airlines refuse to accept that - best to phone Petty France at 9am and get an appointment time for an express passport. Cost me about £120 if I remember right when I had to get one a couple of years ago (then found the original 2 days later)

She's not flying. Going Eurostar then driving through Belgium, Germany to Austria. Guess the internal European borders wouldn't be much of an issue, just getting in and out of UK

Definitely will be on phone to passport office in London when it opens at 7.45

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
She's not flying. Going Eurostar then driving through Belgium, Germany to Austria. Guess the internal European borders wouldn't be much of an issue, just getting in and out of UK

Check with Eurostar if they accept standard British ID.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
She's buggered! Face it. Like an awful lot of children this winter she will not go skiing ! (A lot of poor people too) I guess through your family stupidity you'll have to accept a stroppy 'righteous' teenager for another week whos' human right has been invaded because nobody could check document dates! No sympathy, FLAME me if you like!

EX Travel

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
She's buggered! Face it. Like an awful lot of children this winter she will not go skiing ! (A lot of poor people too) I guess through your family stupidity you'll have to accept a stroppy 'righteous' teenager for another week whos' human right has been invaded because nobody could check document dates! No sympathy, FLAME me if you like!

Thanks for your input - there's always at least one isn't there.

Last edited:

airman

Patriae Fidus
Jan 25, 2012
Salisbury Plain
One very stroppy pissed off step-daughter coming up for a week methinks!

But one that has learned a valuable life lesson!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Jesus, how spooky is this.

Googled petty france london passport office and about the 10th response was.....

Passport Office in London

:eek:

Not looking good though, everywhere I find seems to say the same thing - 24hr passport service is not available for lost or stolen. One very stroppy pissed off step-daughter coming up for a week methinks!

.. and it's round the back of Victoria station these days.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Same day service is available if you go to the passport office in person. It helps for their records if you have a letter from school or an employer saying how important the trip is but they throw this in the bin. I'm trying to recall I think you need to phone say you're coming and paying for the express and get a reference number to bring with you. I've done it before, she may have to take a later flight. Good luck. Irony was after all that I did find my passport when I got back from my trip.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Apparently you need your own passport after 14, as I found out. Despite having an expiry date, if you are on your parents passport (don't know if you can be now) over the age of 14 they don't let you fly, as I found out whilst queuing to go on Holiday once to Spain. Apparently the Spanish Authorities wouldn't let us fly, but they were going to convince them, sat around the airport for 6 hours. Got to desk, my parents went and I stayed with a friend.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Same day service is available if you go to the passport office in person. It helps for their records if you have a letter from school or an employer saying how important the trip is but they throw this in the bin. I'm trying to recall I think you need to phone say you're coming and paying for the express and get a reference number to bring with you. I've done it before, she may have to take a later flight. Good luck. Irony was after all that I did find my passport when I got back from my trip.

Yep, well I was only in the position the renew in 24 hours under the NEW system. You make an appointment.

Really surprised at how efficient it was, having experienced the old Petty France. Really surprised. Just goes to show that we are capable of German type efficiency in this country if we put our minds to it.

Turned up in the morning, didn't queue and was told my passport would be ready in x hours. Went back, didn't queue and my passport was ready. Paid and went home.

Did I dream that ? It's more difficult in Sainsburys.

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Look I know that the young lady in question is very upset. It doesn't change the laws and requirements of the EU or the UK for meaningful travel documents. I feel sorry for her but it wont happen.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here