Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSU Access

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I posted this recently and thanks (G) for your reply.

Perhaps I could clarify my original post.

There are those of us who struggle a bit with access to WSU. Your reply seemed to suggest that there was no possibility of dealing with this situation on the basis that, in the event of fire, the lifts would not be available.

My entire point is that coming down the 96 steps (south end of WSU) is absolutely not a problem whereas the going up is, and, what I am asking relates not just to me but others also.

Without creating a free for all, could the club consider making an arrangement to allow a certain number to access the lifts (one way only for a reasonable seasonable charge which would serve a number of ST holders, not a huge number and which would not hugely compromise the specific use of those lifts). It would provide an amount of additional revenue for the club and could easily be subject to a medical certificate if that was deemed necessary.

I really would be grateful if you could take this forward.

Thanks and sorry to trouble you further.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I appreciate the point, and can see the logic looking at it from your point of view. However there are other factors which come into play.
Firstly, the lifts are in constant use pre-match supplying food and drink to the kiosks and hospitality suites, so it isn't really practical.
Secondly, and more importantly, with regard to safety regulations, it is considered to be a risk if the stadium were needed to be evacuated (eg someone who is unable or has difficulties making it up the stairs, it is then a likely assumption they are going to have difficulties getting back down them). I'm afraid we do not make the rules, it's down to the various licensing authorities, however we are required to adhere to them.
Nonetheless I will pass on your comments to the ops team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here