Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benicassim 2012

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Giving this a go in the summer. Has anyone been in previous years?

Been advised to try and get an apartment/hotel/private shaded campsite as its a bake off in the standard camping area.

So does anyone have any recommendations? I'm struggling to find anywhere that isn't booked up already.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Been before and would agree about not staying in the main campsite. The bands finish at 4-5 in the morning. You get back to your tent and within about 2 hours it's so hot you can sleep.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Went a few years ago, the year a hurricane destroyed the place and it was brilliant. If you do decide to camp, you have to get there the day the campsites open. Its the only way to guarantee slight shade. Be prepared to get no sleep and make sure you take rehydration sachets! Great festival but couldn't do it every year, unless I stayed in an apartment!

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Yeah went in 2009, year of the hurricane. Would thoroughly recommend, however stay in an apartment rather than camp, ideally in benacassim too rather than up the coast in Oreposa as the buses to and from the festival can be a nightmare.

It's different to a UK festival. I'd describe it as like going to 4 huge gigs on 4 consecutive nights, the reason being it doesn't kick off till 7pm each night and you spend the days chilling on the beach.

I myself am plumping for a festival in Lisbon this July featuring Stone Roses, The Cure and Radiohead. Can't wait!

dman777

Aug 2, 2011
I went in 2009 and 2010 with the hurricane and all. Camped both years and it was class, best festival I have been to so far. But I would def recommend flying down rather than driving cos it really takes it out of you. Otherwise, I met up with some mates who rented a flat but it cost a bundle and was pretty basic, I would only recommend it if you didn't think you could brave the sun (I used to sleep under the trees on the beach during the day when no music was on).

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
I'm normally at Roskilde and even there tents are saunas in the morning, so i can't imagine what it's like there. Really excited about Beni but don't like this being a n00b malarky!!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Went in 2006, the best week of my life to date.

- The most beautiful girls showering NAKED with the men (mixed showers)
- Litres, not pints, of beer
- Headliners at 3am (it's still warm)
- Friendliest atmosphere at a festival I've experianced
- Allotted camping spaces (no one pitching on top of other peoples tents)
- The most casual and accessible drug dealers you could ever hope to meet (one bloke kept his hidden in his dreadlocks, true story)
- 15 minute walk to the beach

I would recommend going into town on your first day, and buying as many large bottles of water as you can carry up that hill. Once that's done, the rest is plain sailing.

Jealous of you my friend, and really hope to return again one year. Enjoy!

EDIT - Oh and, re: the camping situation, me and my mates (about 10 of us) just formed a ring with our tents all facing inwards and just lay mats out in the middle. The tents were just used to keep stuff in, we slept outside the whole time we were there, didn't seem like the place where you had to worry about your possessions, a la Reading.

orca

Banned
Mar 22, 2012
benicassim, spain
benicassim apartments and hotels

Hola

The Fiberfib is already here once again. FIB (International Pop Music Festival) is celebrated from 12th to 15th of July in Benicassim.

As every year for those dates in the area everything is getting full. As always I have got some apartments in Benicassim available to rent on those dates, apartments to rent 1 minute from the beach in a popular Spanish holidays location. Quiet area in the apartment and plenty of fun in Benicassim Town.
Everything is prepared in the apartments so that your holidays can be peaceful and relaxing. And this rest means having all the commodities in the apartment, so that you can come without any worry.

I have got pictures of most of them; you can check the updated list over here

orcaservices.org

The concerts are not on the beach, if not very close to the motorway. But there are plenty of frequent buses that take you around the area.

I have got as well shuttle buses from the apartments to the festival site just for all my customers who wish to take the shuttle pass, it doesn´t get full, everybody has their sit, it is running the whole night, the price of the buses would be 40 Euros per person for the whole festival from Benicassim, 50 Euros from Oropesa, Castellon and Grao, 60 Euros from Alcossebre

If you need it I can help you as well with the fights, tickets, private transport from the airport, just let me know

I am sure that you would love my hometown

Kind regards

Cristina
0034 675695444
www orcaservices org

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Went in 2002 would have to agree with getting yourself an apartment, hotel or anywhere with A/C. Be prepared not to sleep a lot, you'll probably get 4 hours max a night because when the sun comes up you will also be up.

Would find myself a quiet little cafe in the afternoon order a drink and have a siesta for a couple of hours with my sun glasses on so it didn't look like I was asleep, sneaky.

The ice cold showers are very refreshing and clear away the cobwebs, haze and dust of the night before. Was so exhausted and f***ed after the last night I just took my passport, remaining Euro's, left the cheap tent me and my mate had brought at the camp site and got the first train to the airport just to sleep somewhere with A/C.

Overall a great festival and experience, however I doubt I could make the fighting weight to go the distance now.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Went a few years ago and stayed in a purpose built campsite. search camping Bonterra in google and its the first hit.

Its about a 10 minute walk from the festival but right by the beach and 2 mins walk from the town centre. You can just go for covered tent pitches or get an upgraded cabin. Nice showers on site, washing facilities, 2 swimming pools and a restuarant and a supermarket by the entrance. Was perfect and much better than the camping that comes inclusive - worked out about £30.00 extra for me for the duration.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Been before and would agree about not staying in the main campsite. The bands finish at 4-5 in the morning. You get back to your tent and within about 2 hours it's so hot you can sleep.

Have to agree with this, I went in 2005 (was still in august at this time, the hottest month) there are 4 days of music, goes on all night then before you can sleep its so hot that you can forget it, leaves you so shattered, its brutal. You will need plenty of drugs or I always thought id rent a hotel room if I returned. Im in my 30's though, maybe just cant hack it anymore, would have been alright probably late teens/early 20's! Brilliant festival though, beautiful women, days on the beach and great bands at night, what more required. Go Fiberfibbers!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
The norm for any music festival surely? In fact, this is a lie in.

Haha. Add what feels like sleeping in a green house, a hangover and whatever schweeties you found for yourself the night before. Then it all adds up to feeling like you've just been hit by a double decker bus. Ouch!

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Went last year, amazing experience. Correct about sleep, you won't be getting much. Didn't really suffer from hangovers as after 3/4 hours sleep the majority of us were still half drunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here