Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Even if he does, hopefully his mind will be a bit messed. Great stuff from Bolton.

Tough call for the player though, Zaha will eventually do much better than Bolton, and they could well get relegated anyway - but they are almost certainly going to double his wages to say £1.5m-£2m a year.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can only help...

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Can't imagine he would want to go to Bolton but as said above if it is double wage packet that's a different matter altogether...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If I was the player I would hang on. There's got to be hope that a middling premier league club (Stoke?) may come in. If he were to hang on even til the summer his value isnt exactly going to go down.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
hope the deal is concluded at about 6pm tomorrow, leaving them no time at all to bring someone else in

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
frankly i think Zaha could be a vulnerability for Palace if he plays - mentally.

he was clearly dangerous running at our defence (at times for fun at the Amex), but his performance against Cardiff made me think that he's there to be got at - mentally he's still young. With the Albion support getting on his back in a tight game, I could see him picking up pointless bookings or just losing his composure.

For me, that'll be much more fun than him simply not being there.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
There was an interesting stat posted by a Palace fan on Twitter last night in reference to Bostock going on loan to Sheff Wed:

Bostock - age 20 - pro appearances - 24

Clyne - age 20 - pro appearances - 109

I think this sort of thing will keep Zaha at Palace for a while yet. Although I still don't think he's actually that great yet and £5m would be a huge risk to any club. As above he has a habit of getting wound up easily and he hasn't really got any end product yet.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
frankly i think Zaha could be a vulnerability for Palace if he plays - mentally.

he was clearly dangerous running at our defence (at times for fun at the Amex), but his performance against Cardiff made me think that he's there to be got at - mentally he's still young. With the Albion support getting on his back in a tight game, I could see him picking up pointless bookings or just losing his composure.

For me, that'll be much more fun than him simply not being there.

And AEA is just the man for the job!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Tough call tbf, wouldn't bu suprised if he turned them down due to their impending relegation- he'll get better offers in the Summer.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Deal rejected by Palace. From [MENTION=882]RichCawleySLP[/MENTION]

Just got off phone to #cpfc co-chairman Steve Parish who says he does not expect any of club's star players to leave before window closes.
Parish confirmed that verbal bid from Bolton was rejected and that it was "not even under consideration". #cpfc
Parish: "If I find a £30m house and only want to pay £1m for it then that is not a proper offer." #cpfc
Parish: "We never went public. They [Bolton] obviously want people to think they are doing something." #cpfc
Parish: "People talk themselves into believing they can get a bargain." #cpfc

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Palace's best players always get picked off by bigger clubs - first Wigan and now Bolton. Next thing we know Crawley will be bidding for fat boy Scannell.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
If he goes to Bolton he will become another Victor Moses. He was meant to be the best thing since sliced bread....

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Parish: "If I find a £30m house and only want to pay £1m for it then that is not a proper offer." #cpfc

I'm sure that is a just an off the cuff remark, he doesn't seriously think the drama queen is worth £30M?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not a great choice for Zaha, a mediocre Championship side or a soon to be mediocre Championship side, I guess if he wants the money then head North. He'd be better off waiting until the end of the season though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here