Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Grace - On TV

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Been mooted before. Fallen short as the various people wanted the films to be set away from Brighton. Peter James wants it in Brighton. New interest in a series.

Presumably the recent articles suggests he is keen to get it going and hopefully soon.

Downton Abbey jobby is seemingly a favourite to take on the role of Roy.

Hopefully this happens. Ruddy love Peter James and the Roy Grace series.

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
I work in TV Drama. There was talk of a grace series last spring, then it all went quiet. Certainly not likely to go into Production any time soon.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The books really are a good read especially now he's dropped the spiritulist hokum that permeated the early ones. I like being able to relate to the locations & it's nice to see the Albion getting the occasional mention.
Did any literary anoraks spot the misquote from the Go-Between whch he allowed to appear twice in Dead Man's Grip?

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
Didn't the minicab driver with the ladies shoes and toilet flush fetish have a little cameo in Dead Mans Grip.

Wonder if Grace's wife is going to figure big in the next book?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I only got into Peter James's books recently but I love them so far, been reading them constantly on the train for the last few months!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Been mooted before. Fallen short as the various people wanted the films to be set away from Brighton. Peter James wants it in Brighton. New interest in a series.

Presumably the recent articles suggests he is keen to get it going and hopefully soon.

Downton Abbey jobby is seemingly a favourite to take on the role of Roy.

Hopefully this happens. Ruddy love Peter James and the Roy Grace series.

Ya see, I can't get my head around the production companies wanting to set it somewhere other than Brighton, unless there is an unwritten rule that Brighton can't be featured on TV or in film unless every establishing shot features the pier / Pavilion / seafront / The Lanes* - and that's something Peter James specifically doesn't want.

And I think casting Hugh Bonneville isn't right. There's an air of 'let's cast the person whose stock has risen highest lately and cast him'. I know there's artistic licence, but Roy Grace is supposed to be 39. f*** it, just get Ross Kemp and have done with it...

* delete as appropriate

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
As being mooted, Hugh Bonneville is not my Roy Grace. As i read the books Grace does not look like Hugh!!!!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Good news, I was starting to wonder what had happened to the TV version, I remember reading about it a couple of years ago. I hope they manage to get it close to what it is like in my head which means Cleo needs to be absolutely stunning.

My choice for Roy would be James Cordon :D

The conversation in the pub on sat lead us to believe that our very own Steve North should play Grace

Good call, unfortunately Ralph Brown is probably a little too old to play any of the characters. Mark Williams could perhaps feature somewhere?

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I saw somewhere that a movie is now planned, Johnny Depp is mooted to be playing me.

Yes, Johnny Depp is the first person I think of when I read Norman Potting's contributions :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yes, Johnny Depp is the first person I think of when I read Norman Potting's contributions :lolol:

I think of John Terry or BensGrandad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here