Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noel Fielding Luxury Comedy

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Was it funny? I missed it. I used to love The Mighty Boosh. I saw a clip on Johnathan Ross, it looked pretty wild!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I really liked it, bizarre as it was, the graphics, animations, cartoons, general presentation and production were amazing, thought it moved through the sketches at a slick pace. It was like being in someone's dreams.

The negative reactions on here would have been exactly the same for the first few episodes of Python. The Lion descending into madness was particularly funny I thought.

I'm really glad something that is self indulgent, and will only appeal to a narrow audience can still be made for tv. People like John Bishop can go f*ck themselves with their crap while programmes like this can still be made.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I love Boosh (hate John Bishop) and am a big Fielding fan and a fan of surreal/off-the-wall/Pythonesque humour, but this was self indulgent shit (no other words for it) in my humble opinion. Boosh worked because you've got the straight man Howard Moon playing off of Fielding, this just didn't work at all for me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I love Boosh (hate John Bishop) and am a big Fielding fan and a fan of surreal/off-the-wall/Pythonesque humour, but this was self indulgent shit (no other words for it) in my humble opinion. Boosh worked because you've got the straight man Howard Moon playing off of Fielding, this just didn't work at all for me.

I'm prepared to give it a good go I think. I took the whole package in, and felt that while some of the actual humour was difficult, the artwork and everything was really rich, and in that same Python sort of way, when sketches etc. didn't work the Gilliam genius simply took over. Will be interesting to see how the show develops, I can see it getting better to be honest.

I remember seeing Noel do standup in the Hen & Chickens at Highbury Corner back in 2003, and it's a lot like that act, completely crazy, you wonder what makes his brain work.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I've watched it now and agree that Julian did bring a lot to Boosh, It does lack something. I'll give it another go though.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
The problem with Noel Fielding is that he's not half as funny as he actually thinks he is.

He's OK, but not THAT funny.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
This series has just got better and better for me. Dolly has really grown on me as well!

Me too. I find I watch every episode twice - first for my own pleasure and to work out where the rude bits are, and again with the kids, with my hand poised on fast-forward.

I laugh more the second time around. It takes a while to completely tune into it, though it's never going to be everyone's cup of tea. I prefer it to Boosh actually.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Back for a second series, and have tried it having missed the first series. What the **** was that?!!?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Its ****ing rubbish. Full of pretentious, full of themselves, cock sucking prats.

I love that there are still idiots in the world who haven't mastered the change channels button on their remote.

Here's a clue: All TV is shit and taking the piss out of you.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here