Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gyms in Brighton and Hove.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Looking to join a gym in the Brighton and Hove area but don't know which to chose. I Want something that isn't too expensive but still to have a jacuzzi. Any suggestions?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Looking to join a gym in the Brighton and Hove area but don't know which to chose. I Want something that isn't too expensive but still to have a jacuzzi. Any suggestions?

L A fitness in hove - used to be a member but let it lapse - I'm thinking of joining again too - pool is always warm, sauna, steam and jacuzzi - normal machines and classes are good - on and off peak memberships available - they always have offers on - the trouble is when you want to leave they make it difficult as they won't stop ringing you!! You can use any other gym of theirs though too which is great.

Ive also looked at impulse in southwick but too spread out and no pool.

Last edited:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
L A fitness in hove - used to be a member but let it lapse - I'm thinking of joining again too - pool is always warm, sauna, steam and jacuzzi - normal machines and classes are good - on and off peak memberships available - they always have offers on - the trouble is when you want to leave they make it difficult as they won't stop ringing you!! You can use any other gym of theirs though too which is great.

Ive also looked at impulse in southwick but too spread out and no pool.

Thanks,
Anyone else?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Gym next to the Sealife Centre, it's a no frills gym but has all brand new equipment for weights and CV plus it's only £15.99 a month. It gets pretty busy at peak times especially if you want to use the weight machines but it's open 24 hours so you just need to pick the right time to go.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Another vote here for LA fitness Hove. I'm a member. Been going for a few years now. They've just given it a lick of paint inside and put a load of flat screen tv's in there so it's starting to look a bit smarter. Go to their website and download a free 3 day pass and go see for yourself.

Although I'm not sure of prices of many other gyms, my guess is that its probably the cheapest one around with jacuzzi, sauna and steam room facilities.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gave Virgin the flick. Great facilities, but expensive as it is more of a club than a gym.

Currently fighting my way through a 5 day pass at LA Fitness in Brighton. Nothing special there and I would pay the £37.50 a month that they want.

As soon as I find work, I shall be joining Riptide. It is small, but the staff are very knowleagable, friendly and it is nicely placed on the seafront.

If you are shopping around - they offer a one day pass to give them a go - Riptide | Brighton Gym on the Seafront | Get Fitter... Feel Great.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Used to belong to Riptide but didn't like their attitude in there. Went to look at LA Fitness in Brighton, was unimpressed with staff and lockers in reception, not in changing rooms.
Have been impressed with the gym in Hilton Metropole when I have used guest passes. Good pool, saunas, steam room and jacuzzi. Gym and CV kit is not massive but at the right time no probs

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is there any gym in Brighton & Hove you can just pay and go to use jacuzzi/sauna etc?

I Vicente'd myself and wouldn't mind a bit of the jacuzzi rehab

Living well gym in Hilton Metropol, tenner for day pass. Use of all facilities.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Gym at Withdean has got a jacuzzi you can pay to use, probably the best in the area. Prince Regent has got sauna and steam room next to the main pool. Think they're both about a fiver.

Best gym is Gallus at the racecourse. £20 a month pay as you go or £40 a month with as many classes as you like. Olympic size boxing ring, kettlebells, only gym round here with room to skip, punch bags and loads of weight machines. Gallus Boxing Gym Gym, Boxing, Boxercise, Kettlebells, Spin | Gallus Boxing gym in Brighton

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Gym at Withdean has got a jacuzzi you can pay to use, probably the best in the area. Prince Regent has got sauna and steam room next to the main pool. Think they're both about a fiver.

Best gym is Gallus at the racecourse. £20 a month pay as you go or £40 a month with as many classes as you like. Olympic size boxing ring, kettlebells, only gym round here with room to skip, punch bags and loads of weight machines. Gallus Boxing Gym Gym, Boxing, Boxercise, Kettlebells, Spin | Gallus Boxing gym in Brighton

Sold! Gonna book a trial now. Top tip, thanks.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
If you're not shy then why not give Bristol Gardens Health Spa a whirl!

I love the bit about what to do if you get "over excited" LOLOLOL. Have a cold shower or think about something else. I have this vision of all these fit blokes wandering around chanting "Anne Widdicombe, Anne Widdicombe" !!!!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here