Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

there was no moon landing .... discus

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
I think you are completely correct. Discus wouldn't be a particularly good game to play at the moon landing, for obvious reasons. But if they had done it, it could either prove or disprove the moon landing conspiracy once and for all! Good thinking. :)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Christ that goes on, I'm more concerned that I lived in a time when Geoff Thomas played for England

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
would it not have been more fun to let [MENTION=17759]Falmer[/MENTION] start this thread?

i am definitely intrigued about the possibility of the existence of funny grape jokes though

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
In the Spirit of let's discuss anything but the issue of the day for us....then I used to think it was true, however having read and seen some of evidence that's goes against the landings, there's are few issues to be answered. Crosshairs from camera shots showing up behind objects in photos??? Wind blowing in picture of flag......what wind on moon... No atmosphere I believe! Certain rocks in some pictures appear to be numbered!!!!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I think you are completely correct. Discus wouldn't be a particularly good game to play at the moon landing, for obvious reasons. But if they had done it, it could either prove or disprove the moon landing conspiracy once and for all! Good thinking. :)

I think it would be an awesome game to play on the moon. No atmosphere means the shape of the disc is no advantage, but the low gravity means it should go farther anyway.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
In the Spirit of let's discuss anything but the issue of the day for us....then I used to think it was true, however having read and seen some of evidence that's goes against the landings, there's are few issues to be answered. Crosshairs from camera shots showing up behind objects in photos??? Wind blowing in picture of flag......what wind on moon... No atmosphere I believe! Certain rocks in some pictures appear to be numbered!!!!
Jeez, that flag one's been debunked so many times, if nothing else NASA may just have anticipated the arguments before broadcasting the pictures.

Anyway rather than looking at a few dodgy, possibly edited, pictures you should ask yourself HOW did they fake it? How did they fake the radio signals after landing so that they appeared to be coming from the lunar surface for a start. Did the rocket actually take off? If so where did it hide? (Remembering that the entire world was watching and a large part wanted it all to be fake or to fail) How come no one involved as ever given the game away? And having done it once and fooled everybody (bar a few sharp-eyed illuminati who can extrapolate the entire truth from a few photos) why did they do it again?
And again?
And again?
And again?
And again?

It's this lack of any application of intellectual analysis that pisses me off about the conspiracy theorists: "Ooh look, a dodgy picture. That proves it was a hoax! The more you look at it the more you realise that faking it would have been a FAR bigger technical achievement than using tried and tested German technology to do the trips in the first place.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Yeah, there was a landing. But they've not gone off because of the Alien base on the dark side. When Buzz et al landed. The aliens threatened them, that's why no one's been there recently.

True story.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Jeez, that flag one's been debunked so many times, if nothing else NASA may just have anticipated the arguments before broadcasting the pictures.

Anyway rather than looking at a few dodgy, possibly edited, pictures you should ask yourself HOW did they fake it? How did they fake the radio signals after landing so that they appeared to be coming from the lunar surface for a start. Did the rocket actually take off? If so where did it hide? (Remembering that the entire world was watching and a large part wanted it all to be fake or to fail) How come no one involved as ever given the game away? And having done it once and fooled everybody (bar a few sharp-eyed illuminati who can extrapolate the entire truth from a few photos) why did they do it again?
And again?
And again?
And again?
And again?

It's this lack of any application of intellectual analysis that pisses me off about the conspiracy theorists: "Ooh look, a dodgy picture. That proves it was a hoax! The more you look at it the more you realise that faking it would have been a FAR bigger technical achievement than using tried and tested German technology to do the trips in the first place.

I'm sorry I was with up to the intellectual analysis bit who needs that when complete wackos can create theories based on random guess work?

perhaps we can take this thread to the next level - does God exist discuss (sits back waiting for the fun to begin)!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A magnificent read for Moon landing obssessives like me, Buzz's descent back to earth and into alcoholism, womanising, being a doll in Toy Story 1, 2 and 3, being a used car salesman, landing on the moon with seconds worth of fuel left and how a broken switch on the landing module meant that they had to improvise using a biro pen as a controller to get off the Moon. Moon-tastic and more pop pickers.

516G9e35a%2BL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here