Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
FA Cup 3rd Round replay
Venue: The Racecourse Ground
Kick Off: 19.15 pm
Referee: Colin Webster
Linesmen: Matthew Wilkes and Danny Gratton

Team News:

Brighton could face the trip north without 2 of their main strikers, Craig Mackail-Smith has an eye injury whilst Will Hoskins felt twinges in his knee in the home win against Bristol City.

Gordon Greer is suspended for the tie whilst Marcos Painter, Craig Noone and Tommy Elphick remain absent through injury.

Wrexham will be without Jake Speight for the tie, Danny Wright is expected to come in as his replacement.

My prediction? A cup classic with the Albion prevailing 3-2 after extra time, Will Buckley with a hatrick.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Starting eleven for me:

Brezovan
El-Abd
Dunk
Hall
Vincelot
Sparrow
Bridcutt
Navarro
Buckley
Barnes
Harley

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Good news that Speight is out for them, he looked good in the first game.

Can't call the result with so many variables in the starting line up

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Brighton to win in 90 minutes - First 11 will show the difference between a good Conference side and a mid table Championship outfit

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
FA Cup Matches at Wrexham - all time
Brighton wins - 1
Wrexham wins - 0
Draws - 1
Brighton goals - 4
Wrexham goals - 3

FA Cup Results at Wrexham - all time
12.12.1953 Wrexham 1-1 Brighton (r2)
14.12.1932 Wrexham 2-3 Brighton (r2r aet)

Head-to-head
• The 1-1 draw in the original tie was the 35th competitive meeting of these clubs. Brighton have won 14, Wrexham eight, with 13 drawn.
• Brighton are undefeated in eight league and cup meetings. They have won four and drawn four since Wrexham's 2-1 home win in the third tier in August 1994.
• These clubs have never been able to resolve an FA Cup tie at the first time of asking. Brighton won in the second round in December 1932, and Wrexham prevailed, also in the second round, in December 1953 after three matches.
• The winners of this tie will be home to Newcastle in the fourth round (live on ESPN

Wrexham
• The Blue Square Bet Premier leaders are the only remaining non-league club in the FA Cup, and lie 61 places below Brighton in the pecking order.
• The oldest club in Wales, last graced the fourth round in January 2000, after dismissing Premier League Middlesbrough.
• Wrexham reached the quarter-finals for the third time in their history in 1997.

Brighton
• The 1983 runners-up enjoyed their best FA Cup run in a quarter of a century, by reaching the fifth round last season.
• The Seagulls have not succumbed to Conference opposition since Hereford in the first round in November 1997.
• Gus Poyet's side have lost their last three league and cup matches on the road without scoring, and last won away from home in November.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hoskins is up here in Wrexham and reports from the squad is his blisters have improved and he is fit to play .... whether he gets selected is anotehr matter?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
FA Cup Matches at Wrexham - all time
Brighton wins - 1
Wrexham wins - 0
Draws - 1
Brighton goals - 4
Wrexham goals - 3

FA Cup Results at Wrexham - all time
12.12.1953 Wrexham 1-1 Brighton (r2)
14.12.1932 Wrexham 2-3 Brighton (r2r aet)

Head-to-head
• The 1-1 draw in the original tie was the 35th competitive meeting of these clubs. Brighton have won 14, Wrexham eight, with 13 drawn.
• Brighton are undefeated in eight league and cup meetings. They have won four and drawn four since Wrexham's 2-1 home win in the third tier in August 1994.
• These clubs have never been able to resolve an FA Cup tie at the first time of asking. Brighton won in the second round in December 1932, and Wrexham prevailed, also in the second round, in December 1953 after three matches.
• The winners of this tie will be home to Newcastle in the fourth round (live on ESPN

Wrexham
• The Blue Square Bet Premier leaders are the only remaining non-league club in the FA Cup, and lie 61 places below Brighton in the pecking order.
• The oldest club in Wales, last graced the fourth round in January 2000, after dismissing Premier League Middlesbrough.
• Wrexham reached the quarter-finals for the third time in their history in 1997.

Brighton
• The 1983 runners-up enjoyed their best FA Cup run in a quarter of a century, by reaching the fifth round last season.
• The Seagulls have not succumbed to Conference opposition since Hereford in the first round in November 1997.
• Gus Poyet's side have lost their last three league and cup matches on the road without scoring, and last won away from home in November.

Nice read but these stats are meaningless as most of the players in tonight's fixture weren't even born when these results were made

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Nice read but these stats are meaningless as most of the players in tonight's fixture weren't even born when these results were made

That's not the point.
It's tradition, innit?

And what do you mean by "most"?
Surely none of them were born as far back as 1953! Even Tanno.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think the SSN report re: Hoskins comes from Gus' pre-travel press conference on Monday morning after which it came as something of a surprise that he had even travelled.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Whatever happens tonight I hope it doesn't detract from the main objective for both sides - for us to stay in the championship and create enough interest and excitement to optimise ST sales for next season giving us something to build on; and for Wrexham, now they have secured their financial future, to make their overdue return to the League and to build from there. It has been a long journey for both clubs - we have both experienced the ultimate lows one way or another and while we are further down the road to recovery than them it's hard not to identify with them and wish them well.

Going to be a close run thing tonight - they don't concede many and we don't score many. Albion to edge it by the odd goal in three for me no matter who plays (and I'm as confused as everyone!) but the real winners will be fans of a proper football club whichever way it goes :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here