Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham match OFF - Rescheduled for Weds 18 Jan - 7.15pm (merged threads)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If you are travelling up to Wrexham tomorrow, please check the official site before hand. Seems that part of the Racecourse is in shadow and is frozen. A pitch inspection is due tomorrow morning, although the temperature is forecast to rise in the afternoon. I saw this on Wrexham's forum, here is the link:

Frozen Pitch - Precautions? - RedPassion.co.uk - Wrexham

Fingers crossed :)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Would have thought with the tickets they have sold and the tv money, they will have the covers on the pitch and be working on it all day to get the game on....Nice bumpy pitch, with a very passionate home support and a freezing cold night. A real leveler in every sense of the word...Not a night for the Harley's of this world I would have thought. Every man will have to stand up and be counted otherwise we could easily come unstuck.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
-2 at the moment in my part of mid-Wales. :(

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I fear a morning pitch inspection by the referee will mean the tie being postponed. Both clubs need to agree on a 2nd pitch inspection in the afternoon and hope to change the ref's mind.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
There is an interesting conversation between David Lee and Jonny Cantor about it. David Lee says there is a pitch inspection at 11am, there is also a possibility the game will be put back 24 hours as they are hopinh a warm front will thaw it out

Scary stuff bearing in mind the big journey some are making up tomorrow

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No chance re 24 hours, minus til noon + 3 rest if day, no point in a morning inspection it may lead to a false early postponement

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sounds like it'll be postponed if tonight's frost doesn't shift early doors tomorrow AM. Fingers crossed for a cock-up on the forecasting front or a quicksticks thaw then eh? :shrug:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hope our kit person remembered to pack a spare set of footie boots with pimply soles in case the pitch is frosty.

Seem to recall a frosty evening game in the late 70's when we were playing at Wolves or somewhere and the pitch started to badly ice up. The Albion were sent out for the 2nd half wearing the aforesaid new fangled pimply soled boots (think these were originally introduced for use on artificial pitches) and Wardy made mugs of the opposition defence. The kit man (Glen Wilson?) got loads of plaudits for his thoroughness.

Ironically a hard frosty pitch might have suited fleet footed players like CMS, Nooney and Vicente, assuming they were fit/selected in the first place. Could have been a whole new experience for Vicente.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
it is f***ing typical, some of us have taken holiday to be able to go. watch the weather f*** it up!!!

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Hope our kit person remembered to pack a spare set of footie boots with pimply soles in case the pitch is frosty.

Seem to recall a frosty evening game in the late 70's when we were playing at Wolves or somewhere and the pitch started to badly ice up. The Albion were sent out for the 2nd half wearing the aforesaid new fangled pimply soled boots (think these were originally introduced for use on artificial pitches) and Wardy made mugs of the opposition defence. The kit man (Glen Wilson?) got loads of plaudits for his thoroughness.

I was there - Wardy got a Hat-trick, including, almost unbelievably, a header.

A great night out marred only by me walking into a lamp-post before the game due to not looking where I was going. Got an absolute shiner and was treated with great suspicion by the Old Bill for the rest of the evening and then by everyone who saw me over Christmas.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here