Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex greatest footballers?

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
We all know the Albions greatest players over the years, but how about sussex born players?

Barry has to be up there as a outfield player. Can't think of a better keeper the Brain Powney. Any suggestions?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Peter Bonnetti from Worthing although born in Putney family moved to Worthing when he was a baby much better than Powney, cant think of another who played for England

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
When i was at school, I played against Barry and he didn't seem that special but Michael Standing was unreal back then

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I did not know Bonnetti was from Worthing, sorry Brian second best keeper isn't bad though!

Russell Martin is top drawer. Can't beleave we didn't snap him up when we had the chance!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All of the Bonettis were good footballers and played county league standard and 1 cant remember his name but I am sure somebody will, was at West Ham as a goalkeeper.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We all know the Albions greatest players over the years, but how about sussex born players?

Barry has to be up there as a outfield player. Can't think of a better keeper the Brain Powney. Any suggestions?

There was a keeper at Rotherham for years who went to Boundstone

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone remember that story of the seven year old from Sussex signed by Real Madrid?

Is probably 13 or 14 by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here