Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Trophy Lap Of Hounour - Is It Possible

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Gareth-any news on this video being done or even better being put on DVD?
Can u also send me a cheque as I seemed to buy too many people drinks on Friday night.
Would also like to thank the gentleman's club for sponsoring me (im sure they were proud!) I did offer to buy members of the club a drink in the bar afterwards but they turned it down.

Talk about going the wrong way about getting what you want!

There are some things that are best not dealt with by just posting an idea on NSC and expecting it to happen.

I have spoken with Dick Knight, and he congratulated the team on its success on Friday.

But he wants to keep the lap of honour for VERY special achievements, like winning championships. Sussex CCC and Brighton Bears merit a lap of honour - as did the Youth Team, for winning three championships on the trot.

So ... his answer was NO. But Dick doesn't want this to be taken as any lack of support from the Club for what REMF is achieving.

I was happy to thank him for all the support we got from the Club in putting on the event on Friday.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Never mind.

We have the support of the club for future REMF games at the Withdean I feel and that is great. Dick has been very supportive of REMF.

Chris_J

Apr 6, 2004
Kent
Sorry to hear that Dick Knight said no. We didn't get a chance to parade the trophy at Selhurst Park either sadly... :(

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Perhaps I could ask Mr Jordan if they would mind us parading it there....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm sure "the Gay Freddie Lundberg" could parade it at PRIDE

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
:wave:

Attachments

• skint.jpg
    skint.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 119

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Bar steward
:lolol:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
sheebo said:
andy - can u or roz or someone ring up the club and ask - this would be good as we got some funny looks today when singing 'we beat the skum 6 - 1' - if we do the lap of honour they will know why!

Where were you on Friday night (tut tut)?

As we cannot have a lap of honour, could we not have a pitchside presentation by Paul Samrah at the Notts County game.

Its not much to ask but it would be nice if we were ALL able to aknowledge the fine work done by everyone involved in the REMF over the last three years.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I think the general consensus is they have too much going at half time and this is not as important as achievements like the youth team winning the league.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Chesney Christ said:
Where were you on Friday night (tut tut)?

who is this? i was playing football but as i was so ill (and still am now) i couldnt go t'standard - shame :(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
no offence to DK but if the seagulls specials get a lap of honour for playing in an 'international' (well done to them) surely the underdogs beaten the palace is just as important

- fair play to the palace boys they took it in gd spirit - and i thought the Andy Johnson song was well funny!

all together now - duh duh duh duh Adam Virgo

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
sheebo said:
who is this? i was playing football but as i was so ill (and still am now) i couldnt go t'standard - shame :(

You were saving yourself for your clownhorse race.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i am going to the doctor tommorow with a suspected er er...........er broken spine and my shoulder hurts i even had the day off college and work x2 and couldnt even play football tonight - my team lost 6 - 1 without me :dunce:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here