Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ooh, care to share on your World's tip?

In fact, I might change a few doms tonight after all I think to use up those 2 spare transfers rather than lose them. That way I can hit the floor running come the 2 sprint stages.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That is some serious commitment.

Not really. No big family holiday this year so despite having plenty of days out with the kids I still find myself with some days to use up before Christmas. Might as well make them all count :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ooh, care to share on your World's tip?.
Of course I will, once I know he's riding, and had a couple of quid on, assuming his odds are favourable.

In the meantime though, as I'm already proving I'm an arse biscuit when it comes to:-
'I know something you don't know, guess go on guess, I bet you can't'
(me me me everybody look at me).

So probably be advised to ignore this subject for a couple of weeks, until I'm about to burst.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this the Sunday midday kick off, nice early start for everyone if they want to get over the Beacon in time for a pie and a pint....
Jnr Stat would love it, but sadly it would do him in, to the point of destruction.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never stopped Pendelton Snr (competitive dad), 'what doesn't kill them makes them stronger!'
He then didn't then sit next to her, for 2 hours @ the football.

Jnr would go from buzzing, which is annoying, to knackered, which is even more annoying, with no rest bite in between.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just tuned in to the official live ticker for today's stage. Seems like there's 11 in a breakaway that might finally stick.

Leonardo Fabio DUQUE (065), Pim LIGTHART (214), Danny PATE (184), Imanol ERVITI OLLO (003), Lloyd MONDORY (015), Alessandro BALLAN (042), Mikel ASTARLOZA CHAURREAU (072), Lars BOOM (162), Bruno PIRES (207), Niki TERPSTRA (148) y Javier RAMIREZ ABEJA (027)

Mondory is the only one I have. My daughter took Astarloza out for Clarke today. She'll be happy :whistle:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1st set of intermediate sprint points:

1. Lloyd MONDORY (015)
2. Bruno PIRES (207)
3. Leonardo Fabio DUQUE (065)

:angel:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That'll learn me. Spoke too soon. Gap coming down rapido :(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thank goodness for that, I've got no one in the break....

With the gap just under a minute Ballan goes off the front of the break. Good news for others though is that Gilbert & Moncoutie are trying to bridge to the break now.

Edit: It's a bit all over the place at the moment. Looks like my man is back on the peloton :( SB will be happy though because if Ballan & Gilbert manage to get in the same group off the front I think one of those two will take the stage, most likely Gilbert.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody hell, no live tv coverage until 3pm :angry: and this is getting really interesting, as you can see by the composition of this 2nd group on the road:

Ben Gastauer (013) , Lloyd Mondory (015) , Damiano Cunego (111) , Sergio Luis Henao Montoya (183) , Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (007) , Leonardo Fabio Duque (065) , Jan Bakelants (172) , David MONCOUTIE ( 061) , Jesus Hernandez Blazquez (202) , Alexandre GENIEZ (196) , Alberto Losada SHERIFF (105) , Benat Intxausti ELORRIAGA (004) , Paolo Tiralongo (038) , Rinaldo Nocentini (017) , Pim Ligthart (214) , Gorka Verdugo Marcotegui (079) , Sergio Miguel Moreira Paulinho (206) , Bauke Mollema (166) and Mikel Landa Meana (073

Sorry all, talking to myself again. I'll shut up for a bit.

Edit: Contador has just jumped J rod and AVV!, This could be a classic!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]

With my route we could always take a slight diversion via this beauty:

BurgessHillRumble028_000.jpg

You know you want to :lolol:
Oh look at me laugh1

There's no way it's only 20%.

The thing with Cobb Lane it ALWAYS sneaks up on me, wrong gear at the bottom and I'm fooked.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh look at me laugh1

There's no way it's only 20%.

The thing with Cobb Lane it ALWAYS sneaks up on me, wrong gear at the bottom and I'm fooked.

An immobile hill, sneaks up on you? No way it is only 20%? Celeste bar tape? You disappoint me SB :lolol:

I've never tried this hill so should probably stop teasing you, does look like a killer to be fair.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Eurosport are fecking wankers ! 10 minutes into their 'live coverage' today, it's all kicking off and they're still not showing it! :angry:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An immobile hill, sneaks up on you? No way it is only 20%? Celeste bar tape? You disappoint me SB :lolol:
I may well disappoint, but I doubt your surprised.

My buddies manage it, just, and I can do steeper, there is a killer just past the Roman Palace@ Bignor, that's steeper.
But that bugger has a jinx on me.

Much to the amusement of my mates, as I crash to the tarmac 1 more time.

I thought you were insulating I was in that photo :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To the point in your photo, it's undulating.
You finally get a decent descent, but a little technical, bear right, zoom past the wooden fence, and bam 20% (or more).
It ramps straight past that right turn, and I always think Cobb Lane is 'the next' climb.

Oh and that sign is a new edition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here