Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cyclist takes hands off handlebars and crashes..... who'd have thought it ?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No Shirley not, I genuinely don't believe Cobo juiced! :sarcasmemoji:

[tweet]1139174017045336069[/tweet]

I doubt they'll be any fall out from Chris Froome becoming the UK's first ever Grand Tour winner. :sarcasmemoji:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
No Shirley not, I genuinely don't believe Cobo juiced! :sarcasmemoji:

[tweet]1139174017045336069[/tweet]

I doubt they'll be any fall out from Chris Froome becoming the UK's first ever Grand Tour winner. :sarcasmemoji:

_90774083_wiggins11.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They've now added a broken hip and loss of consciousness to the mix as well. He done a good job of it, that's for certain.

Hope he mends up (mentally and physically) in time for the 2020 season.

Yeah saw that. Surgery said to have gone well but I didn't see the details.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dan...ying-chris-froomes-dauphine-crash-in-my-head/

First hand account from Dan Martin who was right behind the Ineos team when it happened...

"Me and Neil [Neil Stephens the UAE Team Emirates director who followed Martin during the recon - ed.] caught them just before the top of the climb and we didn't want to mess up their recon so we stayed behind them on the recon and didn't want to get in the way. Then it happened."

What we now know is that Froome took a hand off his time trial bars in order to clear his nose. As he did a strong gust of wind took out his front wheel and at high speed, he lost control and slammed into a wall of a house. He was on the ground for several hours as he received emergency medical treatment before being airlifted to hospital. He underwent eight hours of surgery during Wednesday night and remains in intensive care. He was left with internal injuries, a fractured right elbow, a compound fractured right femur and several fractured ribs.

"We stopped," Martin said, recalling his shock.

"Neil and I looked at each other in stunned silence and just stood there for 20 seconds, just shaking. I stayed by the team car and we asked if there was anything we could do but I thought it could have been much worse. I thought he could have been dead. To see something like that isn't pleasant.

"He blew his nose, the wind caught him and then he veered out in front of the team car. We didn't see what happened but we saw him hit the wall. He didn't have any chance to lose any speed. We didn't want to say anything yesterday out of respect for Chris and his family. It was up to Ineos to say what they needed.

"Refocusing after that was not an easy task. I was thinking about it last night and I'm still replaying it in my head. It's very, very unpleasant."

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Bloody hell [MENTION=24884]Fignon's Ponytail[/MENTION], that's grim about CF.

He missed a great punch up on the Dolphin today.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS

My car needed a new battery, not a problem, all that entailed was riding a mile or so to Halfords, then riding home with a 12.5kg battery in a rucksack.

Before going I took the knackered battery out, it took a little while because I couldn't find the right sized spanner, but eventually no problems.

Back with the new battery, I started to fit it.

Both terminals connected so all I now had to do was secure the plate over the top.

As I screwed the bolt on, my one spanner that fitted, slipped from my hand, fell into the engine, but not through the engine, instead landing almost out of sight on somethingy with upturned edges.

I finally saw it, couldn't reach it from either direction.

I ended up having to push the spanner out from the engine with a telescopic spinning fishing rod.

I can't believe anybody else on this entire planet thinking:-

"I need to change the battery where is my fishing rod"

You shouldn't need a f*****g fishing rod to change a car battery.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
FFS

My car needed a new battery, not a problem, all that entailed was riding a mile or so to Halfords, then riding home with a 12.5kg battery in a rucksack.

Before going I took the knackered battery out, it took a little while because I couldn't find the right sized spanner, but eventually no problems.

Both terminals connected so all I now had to do was secure the plate over the top.

As I screwed the bolt on, my one spanner that fitted, slipped from my hand, fell into the engine, but not through the engine, instead landing almost out of sight on somethingy with upturned edges.

I ended up having to push the spanner out from the engine with a telescopic spinning fishing rod.

Sounds like you should stick to cycling. :)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We had a funny day today but it turned out well.

Daughter has mentioned wanting a bike for Uni but was being as picky as fukk. Today we passed a little place nearby - a fella servicing and selling used bikes from his garage - and saw a sit up and beg. Daughter wanted to look at it. It was a mint Panhandleton that had basically not been used. The Mrs said she was tempted. We agreed it might be too likely to be nicked in a Uni town so I asked if he had a fold up. He did and it looked shite but the £30 price would go to charity. Amazingly daughter loved it. I bought it and if it gets nicked, not a biggie. The fella didn't want to pay for our shed blockers but he took them on the basis he would try and sell them for his charity. Up and down the road many times but these new to us bikes will get much more use than the ones we dropped off. The Mrs got the Panhandleton and really likes it. £200 with the shopping basket on the front for such a nearly new was a good deal.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's something gloriously funny about a morbidly obese man attempting, and failing, to get a reaction about The British Heart Foundation's biggest annual fun raiser. :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There's something gloriously funny about a morbidly obese man attempting, and failing, to get a reaction about The British Heart Foundation's biggest annual fun raiser. :lol:

Wasnt trying for a reaction just stating fact. Out of interest how much does this event raise for the BHF after all race expenses etc are paid out.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
FFS

You've got a car made by Shimano!? 😱

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've got a car made by Shimano!? ��

More like my car has a Shimano mechanic.

Made all the worse by the fact I live next to Mr Perfect.
Not once has he ever required a fishing rod when doing open car surgery.

That's even before mentioning the extension he built one afternoon, the pond he dug, the perfect fences he puts up.

Not a fishing rod in sight.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Well that wasn't a pleasant ride home. Local weather service said it was 8 feels like 5. Got home with earache it was that cold out there. I think they may have been lying, or it is a really damp cold. Brrrrr

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here