Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Sir Julian pulled out of today's ride so I was able to do a few hills. [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], next time you head north, aim for Hogtrough. Having gone down it, I'm not sure I fancy going up it.

I went down Yorks too and was able to take a bit more in. The tricky bit is dug into the hill and is well covered with trees. It was a proper mess with wet debris. Not really fit for for road bikes. I had a couple of reserve hills left, but Ide was the tipping point. They got ignored.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Car driving w*****s.

My car battery is playing up and it wouldn't start this morning.

So at 05:15 this morning I'm stood outside the front of my house.
My car is on the drive with the bonnet up.
I'm in the road holding jump leads and pointing at my car to the 4 or 5 vehicles that past.

Sure I look like a rather bespoke, low rent, prostitute but nevertheless I just needed someone's help for less than a minute.

And nobody did, the drivers couldn't have stared any harder at the road ahead if they tried.

I was so angry I gave up after a few minutes because I knew if anyone did stop to help they'd get both barrels.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Early reports I've seen are suggesting Froome has suffered a fractured pelvis this morning after crashing on his Dauphine TT recon ride. Currently in hospital having tests. If it is that, hes most certainly out of the TDF.

Ineos all in on G taking title #2...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Early reports I've seen are suggesting Froome has suffered a fractured pelvis this morning after crashing on his Dauphine TT recon ride. Currently in hospital having tests. If it is that, hes most certainly out of the TDF.

Ineos all in on G taking title #2...

[tweet]1138794556240093189[/tweet]

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
He should've taken some tips from Laurens ten Dam, or Erik Breukink (for those of an older vintage!). You dont find those Dutch hardmen taking their hands off the bars to wipe their noses....

Wim-van-der-Veken-In-Belgium-they-say-22ride-the-snot-out-of-your-nose22-which-means-give-everyt.jpg

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He should've taken some tips from Laurens ten Dam, or Erik Breukink (for those of an older vintage!). You dont find those Dutch hardmen taking their hands off the bars to wipe their noses....

View attachment 111295

That doesn't look very aerodynamic.

Marginal...

...oh.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Doing a no hander and hitting a wall at 40mph is never going to end well. At his age, a # femur, # elbow and # ribs could see his grand tour challenges over. 10 years younger, Id back him but not now.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Sounds like a potential career ender at "his age". I hope not as I quite like Froomy.

In other news. I have no guilt about my actions this morning. Sucking the wheel of an e-bike in a head wind. He had a battery and motor doing all the work for him.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Doing a no hander and hitting a wall at 40mph is never going to end well. At his age, a # femur, # elbow and # ribs could see his grand tour challenges over. 10 years younger, Id back him but not now.

They've now added a broken hip and loss of consciousness to the mix as well. He done a good job of it, that's for certain.

Hope he mends up (mentally and physically) in time for the 2020 season.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I still cant figure out why Froome was even attempting to clear his nose, at that speed, on a supposedly really fast section? He was on a recon lap, he wasn't racing, he was rolling round with a team mate....why not just pull to a stop and do it if he really needed to, or wait until he slowed down sufficiently on a flatter part of the course? Either that, or "do a Tens Dam" like I mentioned yesterday.

You plonker Rodney.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still cant figure out why Froome was even attempting to clear his nose, at that speed, on a supposedly really fast section? He was on a recon lap, he wasn't racing, he was rolling round with a team mate....why not just pull to a stop and do it if he really needed to, or wait until he slowed down sufficiently on a flatter part of the course? Either that, or "do a Tens Dam" like I mentioned yesterday.

You plonker Rodney.

Probably because he's done it a bazillion times in the past without even the hint of a whoopsie.

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Probably because he's done it a bazillion times in the past without even the hint of a whoopsie.

This is Froome we are talking about. He's probably done it a bazillion times and still fallen off a million times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here