Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[tweet]1134212246484242434[/tweet]

I hope he was taken down a side street and given a shoeing.

I mentioned the all nighter a few weeks ago. The half baked plan is head south, knock for Sir Julian, head south until the channel sends us eastward then turn north before Folkestone and head for home.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
A little shout out for those tyres I mentioned last week. I set off from the office for the 37 mile ride home last night and things were decidedly squashy at the back. I fumbled about finding my pump and using it. Then rode home. Love tubeless (when it works).

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Does anyone know if the Southdown a route from Eastbourne to Winchester can be done all of main roads, just on track country?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone know if the Southdown a route from Eastbourne to Winchester can be done all of main roads, just on track country?

There's a South Downs Way MTB route on Strava, 105 miles.

I know you can ride the route from Brighton to Winchester pretty much parallel with that route, I'm sure a poster in lesser Sussex will say much the same down to Kent, sorry I mean Eastbourne.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
There's a South Downs Way MTB route on Strava, 105 miles.

I know you can ride the route from Brighton to Winchester pretty much parallel with that route, I'm sure a poster in lesser Sussex will say much the same down to Kent, sorry I mean Eastbourne.

Thanks! Silky question where would be a good start, from Ditching Beacon?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks! Silky question where would be a good start, from Ditching Beacon?
Off road that's easy.

Stand at the top of the Beacon
Face the sea.
Then...

...Turn right.

Stop when you see this fella

King_Alfred_Statue_350wDSCF6542.jpg

https://www.strava.com/routes/10665503?hl=en-GB

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Never ride the SDW from Eastbourne to Winchester. Ride it from Winchester to Eastbourne. The prevailing wind is from the west, so don't ride into it if you don't have to.

I done it about 10 years ago in 2 and a bit days. It's really enjoyable, but knackering on the triceps after about 80 miles. It's well sign posted, probably better now than back then too.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Never ride the SDW from Eastbourne to Winchester. Ride it from Winchester to Eastbourne. The prevailing wind is from the west, so don't ride into it if you don't have to.

I done it about 10 years ago in 2 and a bit days. It's really enjoyable, but knackering on the triceps after about 80 miles. It's well sign posted, probably better now than back then too.

I did it about 3 weeks ago, starting from Winchester. A very tough 2 days, day 2 tougher than day 1 and not just because it was day 2, but very hilly. The views across Sussex are far better than Hampshire!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cycled past the venerable Bruno today in Hove, what a man

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
That bling chain really sets off the bike. It looks great. I wish you both a wonderful future together.

I made the mistake of clicking on your strava link in your signature - and quickly realised your ytd mileage makes me look like a complete beginner!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Gets the slums of West Sussex out of the way first too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here