Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hello to you all. Anyone up for fantasy cycling? It's time to test your true predictive powers, that means not just picking Cav for every flat stage SB. I've created an NSC League so we can find out is the true King Geek. Rather annoyingly it seems they have changed the rules this year so any advantage I had previously is gone. One top tip though, do not pick ypur team for each event until the start list is announced, I got caught out by this several times last season due to last minute line up changes.

Join league 75484

These are the main names from the Tour thread, but if anyone else wants to join feel free. Incidently I just read through the whole thread again, what a Tour.

[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], [MENTION=3347]Horton's halftime iceberg[/MENTION], [MENTION=2551]Stoichkov[/MENTION], [MENTION=4800]Tyrone Biggums[/MENTION], [MENTION=4084]Statto[/MENTION], [MENTION=13251]Lord Bamber[/MENTION], [MENTION=2654]ATFC Seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION], [MENTION=2878]Woodchip[/MENTION], [MENTION=916]black & white seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=12438]les dynam[/MENTION], [MENTION=977]adrian29uk[/MENTION]

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
that means not just picking Cav for every flat stage SB.
I resent that, Cav always starts slow.
Now if you'd said Gilbert on an up hill finish...
I've created an NSC League so we can find out is the true King Geek.
Great idea, definitely in, I need to prove to a few people on here I know as much about cycling as Clarkson.
Incidently I just read through the whole thread again, what a Tour.
Me too hence the comment above! :lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Difficult to pick riders for this early in the season. I went for a bunch of Aussies as they will want to impress, especially Green 'We want to be Sky so much it hurts' Edge riders.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just looked at the riders competing this year, possibly the strongest field i've ever seen for this race.

True, they have also thrown in an uphill finish and some extra mountains I believe.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My team is 'In Search of Windy Miller'.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I am 100% in, will do it later tonight or tomorrow though as a bit busy.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I'm in, though I know next to nothing about cycling outside the grand tours. Have we got unlimited transfers in our team until the start?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Do you think a name like "LAs left ball" would be deemed as poor taste?

I certainly wouldn't mind, but always beware the Armstrong mafia.

I am 100% in, will do it later tonight or tomorrow though as a bit busy.

I'm in, though I know next to nothing about cycling outside the grand tours. Have we got unlimited transfers in our team until the start?

Good to have you onboard gentleman. The trick to it is make sure you transfer in jersey holders when you get the chance in stage races.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The trick to it is make sure you transfer in jersey holders when you get the chance in stage races.
Ohhh giving away a top tip.
I love the start of seasons, irrespective of the sport.
Having no idea (not that we have much of an idea halfway through) who's going to be good.

Like you I just slung in a few Aussies and names I'd heard of.

Other than a little theory about Flanders/Roubaix I've not got a scooby about anything, Le Tour included.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pantini, Can this be first prize?

Attachments

• victoria-pendleton-pic-pr-handout-537714027.jpg
    victoria-pendleton-pic-pr-handout-537714027.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 3,286

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Pantini, Can this be first prize?

I'll do my best to secure Miss Pendleton as a prize, although, if I can get her to agree I may just kick you all out of the league to guarantee first prize for myself.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Rumour is she may retire after the olympics, so she will be at a loose end from August onwards. I'm sure my self image could cope with a having a girlfriend who is faster on the bike than I am, in this case. :lol:

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
She wouldn't be faster than me, at everything :thumbsup:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Hello to you all. Anyone up for fantasy cycling? It's time to test your true predictive powers, that means not just picking Cav for every flat stage SB. I've created an NSC League so we can find out is the true King Geek. Rather annoyingly it seems they have changed the rules this year so any advantage I had previously is gone. One top tip though, do not pick ypur team for each event until the start list is announced, I got caught out by this several times last season due to last minute line up changes.

Join league 75484

These are the main names from the Tour thread, but if anyone else wants to join feel free. Incidently I just read through the whole thread again, what a Tour.

[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], [MENTION=3347]Horton's halftime iceberg[/MENTION], [MENTION=2551]Stoichkov[/MENTION], [MENTION=4800]Tyrone Biggums[/MENTION], [MENTION=4084]Statto[/MENTION], [MENTION=13251]Lord Bamber[/MENTION], [MENTION=2654]ATFC Seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION], [MENTION=2878]Woodchip[/MENTION], [MENTION=916]black & white seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=12438]les dynam[/MENTION], [MENTION=977]adrian29uk[/MENTION]

Cheers for letting us know.:thumbsup: I fear I could be heading for the wooden spoon if I enter, my knowledge is far less than NSCs finest cycling illumeneries however, you gotta be in it to win it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here