NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol: :bowdown: :lolol:

cake stop.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Some of you may have seen my post on Strava yesterday about my sons missing friend, Owen Harding. If anyone is out on a ride, please keep an eye open for him...his mum is desperate to get him home.

Cheers Geeks.

20200330_082249.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Murder you babies:-

geeks.jpg

I genuinely can't do it.

The best I can do is lose:-

1 from the top quartet.

0 from the next

1 from the third
&
2 from the bottom.

Naturally as I can't get a completed 1/4 final, semi, final & winner is impossible to call.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I decided to stop dodging hills and did a couple today. Obviously, it was just about getting up them but generally pleased with the attempts.

If anyone is not hammering rollers or turbos, why not?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I decided to stop dodging hills and did a couple today. Obviously, it was just about getting up them but generally pleased with the attempts.

If anyone is not hammering rollers or turbos, why not?[

Felt good to get the summer bike out today. Not knocking them, but find turbo rides very boring.

Last edited:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Been out on the E-bike for the past 3 days, normally I only use it for the commute so it was nice to go somewhere other than work on it, its also nice to know that I could do more than 9 miles on it without keeling over.

Although in hindsight doing Falmer Road from Rottingdean to the Amex and Coldean Lane on the same ride probably wasn't the best idea, even with a motor helping.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
If you know of any (working / volunteering / fundraising) cyclists who are doing awesome things in their communities to fight the impact of this crisis, please nominate them via www.facebook.com/legacy300
FB_IMG_1585922163843.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Right then turbo dodgers I can now back up the bleeding obvious with science. Recently I have been exercising every day, rolling weekdays (15 mins) and venturing out at weekends. The rolling is enough to 'maintain' fitness and the proper rides improve it. Thus (purple line is fitness):

Capture elevate.PNG

I anticipate this rate of increase will slow down, but it is helping me to keep going.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right then turbo dodgers I can now back up the bleeding obvious with science. Recently I have been exercising every day, rolling weekdays (15 mins) and venturing out at weekends. The rolling is enough to 'maintain' fitness and the proper rides improve it. Thus (purple line is fitness):

View attachment 121783

I anticipate this rate of increase will slow down, but it is helping me to keep going.

What graph is that? Is there one to measure how many spring flowers are up and how many birds are singing? :wink:

In all seriousness though. Good work on your daily fitness routine :thumbsup:

I think mine has probably levelled over Winter with daily exercise and turbo. Constant wind and rain curtailed much of the riding and now self isolation has seen that extended further :( Shame, as was hoping to see how much recent weight loss will help me out on the road.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ronde Van Vlaanderen (@RondeVlaanderen) Tweeted: This is what De Ronde 2020: Lockdown Edition will look like on Sunday the 5th of April. #DeRonde2020 https://t.co/sY8bxxUnS4 https://twitter.com/RondeVlaanderen/status/1245644400257945601?s=20

Should be a good bit of fun. GCN are streaming it live at 14.45.

The fun has already started it seems. Twelve stellar classics riders and................Nicholas Roche :lol:
No offence Nico :thumbsup:

Live now.

Sir Thomas of de Gent and Nico Roche surely nailed on for the early break :hilton:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How serious is this, do you know if the kit has been calibrated etc?

All in full team kit.

It's VERY serious :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Definitely a good idea, currently watching on ES, I hope the Watts and kgs are like for like though!

Does it keep freezing on there?
GCN feed keeps freezing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've switched to Eurosport Player to see if less freezing.

It's all pretty crap, freezing or not :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bling has a mechanical :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here