Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A combination of prolonged man 'flu, poorly bike and shite weather is my excuse. I'm fat and unfit. All predicted.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
FOR THOSE WHO CAN GET TO LONDON 12.30PM ONWARDS THURSDAY 14TH NOVEMBER

The charity project Legacy 300, which has raised £342,650 in direct donations at no cost to charity, is hosting its final day at Lee Valley Velo Park, on a day that was supposed to raise money (again at no cost to charity) for Hospices and Cancer needs rescuing as unfortunately NONE of 54 charities approached placed it in any of their event auctions in 2019. I repeat, that we have raised £342K in donations, and these days have cost charity £0.

We are holding a track and talk session, you get to ride the Olympic Velodrome for 75 minutes and get to take part in a Q and A with Podcrashes CALLUM SKINNER, but also get to keep a Brighton fan from going homeless, I am not kidding. Callum is an engaging host and not frightened to talk candidly about the major issues of the day, you will also get to see his gold medal.

The cost is £60 and that is simply your share of the track hire, you will get all equipment provided just bring the clothes you wish to cycle in.

Please pm me for details and please spread the word.

The Last Pelotons' Track and Talk.png

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Mathieu-Van-der-Poel.jpg

World Cyclocross Champion
3x European Cyclocross Champion
European MTB Champion
Amstel Gold Race
Dwars door Vlaanderen
Brabantse Pijl
Tour of Britain

33 wins (road - cyclocross - mtb)

I would say MVDP has had a pretty decent 2019 so far.... quite simply a phenomenal talent.

My rider of the year.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Sad to hear the news this morning that Raymond Poulidor has passed away. His career was before my time - but history will forever have him down as one of the greats of the sport...on & off the bike.

RIP Pouli

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
FOR THOSE WHO CAN GET TO LONDON 12.30PM ONWARDS THURSDAY 14TH NOVEMBER

The charity project Legacy 300, which has raised £342,650 in direct donations at no cost to charity, is hosting its final day at Lee Valley Velo Park, on a day that was supposed to raise money (again at no cost to charity) for Hospices and Cancer needs rescuing as unfortunately NONE of 54 charities approached placed it in any of their event auctions in 2019. I repeat, that we have raised £342K in donations, and these days have cost charity £0.

We are holding a track and talk session, you get to ride the Olympic Velodrome for 75 minutes and get to take part in a Q and A with Podcrashes CALLUM SKINNER, but also get to keep a Brighton fan from going homeless, I am not kidding. Callum is an engaging host and not frightened to talk candidly about the major issues of the day, you will also get to see his gold medal.

The cost is £60 and that is simply your share of the track hire, you will get all equipment provided just bring the clothes you wish to cycle in.

Please pm me for details and please spread the word.

View attachment 116952

We have two free places for 1.45pm paid for but cannot attend thought it was in Glasgow. Kid you not. PM me.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Anyone else having issues with Garmin syncing with iPhone? Reset all my setting/pairing, but still won’t sync. Bloody hate Garmin now. Might just have to use my Strava app on my phone to record rides.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Strava (and my post count on here) will testify I couldn't be more in the doldrums if I just so happened to be sailing off the west coast of Africa just above the equator - A little nautical humour for you gang.

Anyhoo Merlin are at least trying to lift my big fat face off the floor with this:-

66618_colnago_crs_road_frameset_2019.jpg

https://www.merlincycles.com/colnago-crs-road-frameset-2019-168970.html

Half price down to £900.

Sure I'm only £900 short and I doubt I could make the BB work, but it's the first ray of sunshine I've seen for a fair few months.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My LBS has some, I believe, Campagnolo stickers on a different frame but with the 12 cog groupset being the 'buy this' reason. Price tag £10,000+.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My LBS has some, I believe, Campagnolo stickers on a different frame but with the 12 cog groupset being the 'buy this' reason. Price tag £10,000+.
I think you should.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I haven't been on the bike since August, doesn't stop me looking out for new bikes on an almost daily basis!

Also, I have discovered a (high end) wheelbuilder lives in my village. if that isn't a reason to buy local, I don't know what is (although his wheelsets are far more expensive than my whole bike).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
MTBers....

Mini-Bold has a new MTB with Suntour XCR sprung forks which are budget and Mini-Bold is looking enviously and Big-Bold's Rockshox XC30 Solo Air forks on my older bike. How easy is it to swap suspension forks between bikes? I don't use the MTB that much so happy to let him have the Rockshox as he wants to mess with pressures for different rides etc. and I've never touched them. They're both Btwin bikes, one very recent, one from 2015.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
MTBers....

Mini-Bold has a new MTB with Suntour XCR sprung forks which are budget and Mini-Bold is looking enviously and Big-Bold's Rockshox XC30 Solo Air forks on my older bike. How easy is it to swap suspension forks between bikes? I don't use the MTB that much so happy to let him have the Rockshox as he wants to mess with pressures for different rides etc. and I've never touched them. They're both Btwin bikes, one very recent, one from 2015.

I would imagine its a fairly easy job to just swap them over. I have the XC30s on my bike, & the only tricky bit I can think of could be re-doing the brake bleeding / pressures etc. If you've done that before though it should all be straight forward....otherwise it may be worth taking it to your LBS or back to Decathlon themselves. Expect they could do it easily for you.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I think there are only 2 things that could go wrong (but you may well be on top of these).

1) There are a few different standards for disk brakes and as the calipers are bolted onto the forks you need to ensure both sets are compatible. Typically if the caliper reaches the disk OK then it just needs to be adjusted by loosening the bolts, pulling the brake lever and tightening the bolts.
2) Headsets - I always manage to mess up the tightening of my headsets. I think they are a darker art than bottom brackets and rear ders.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
MTBers....

Are they similar travel forks? It could mess up the geometry if you put a longer travel fork on his bike.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Are they similar travel forks? It could mess up the geometry if you put a longer travel fork on his bike.

Both 100mm travel. The difference might be is that he has 27.5" wheels and I think mine are 26"......easiest way to find out is to just swap the front wheels to see if they fit first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here