Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Loving the composition of this break!
Failed GC riders galore after a stage win/possible KoM jersey, but more importantly a bunch of FdJ, Astana and Movistar riders. None from Jumbo, DQS or Ineos. Game on!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wouldn't know what to do with myself if Movistar ever became a serious professional outfit.

I spent three quarters of my day, stroking my chin wondering what they were up too.
It makes for the perfect release from the attrition being wound up by all the proper teams.

I can take myself out of the race, go through their permutations, then concentrate again on the real teams, nicely cleansed.

Then with about 5kms to go I get the relief of the entire team blowing up and riding backwards, clearing the way for everybody else who are actually trying to win.

Reckon they read this ahead of today's stage.

Plenty of time for them to blow up yet though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Reckon they read this ahead of today's stage.

Plenty of time for them to blow up yet though.

I'm surprised they can pedal having spent 5 hours yesterday shooting themselves and each other in the foot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it weren't for the dogs abuse I'd get for doing it, I'd love to put this on it's own thread:-

[tweet]1152943214783078400[/tweet]

:lolol: :lolol: :bowdown: :lolol: :lolol:

Along with all the associated wheelie line crossing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Stage 10 has been haunting me ever since it finished. It still is.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Your silence was noted.

Our car was written off by a hit and run on it whilst parked up the night before. I don't know which event was more painful to be honest.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If you want to see perfect team tatics, then just watch what FdJ did today :bowdown:

I have two major worries for the rest of the race now.

1) G came into this massively uncooked. He may well get stronger as the race goes on.

2) Heatwave forecast for next week. Pinot doesn't do well in the heat. He's also yet to have his bad day in the mountains.

Whatever happens, this has been the best tdf for years so far, and it's set to continue.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Nice to see Le Tour has kept under the PC radar

With the eye candy still dishing out the laurels :wink:

Eddy Merckx has just been interviewed on French TV

He said G is favourite

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming the Liverpool player chosen for the NordVPN advert was the best...

...just how bad were the others?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nice to see Le Tour has kept under the PC radar

With the eye candy still dishing out the laurels :wink:

Eddy Merckx has just been interviewed on French TV

He said G is favourite

Did he say why?

I'm assuming because he's undercooked, has a rest day and a couple of stages to get his legs back ready for the Alps?

It certainly won't be because Ineos have by far the strongest team here, because on the evidence so far, that finally isn't so obviously the case.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Great stage. Sweet victory for a Yates there.

The shadow needs a new nickname. He's not even good enough to be a shadow anymore.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
G's gears jammed apparently - assume they are use electronic?

Anyone else do a fantasy game this year for July? I did a team with a couple of mates as a casual league, and its been the worst squad in tour history (barring ADR in '89 of course)

Fuglsang, Van Aert, Dennis, Schachmann, LL Sanchez....all abandoned! :facepalm:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
G's gears jammed apparently - assume they are use electronic?

Anyone else do a fantasy game this year for July? I did a team with a couple of mates as a casual league, and its been the worst squad in tour history (barring ADR in '89 of course)

Fuglsang, Van Aert, Dennis, Schachmann, LL Sanchez....all abandoned! :facepalm:

Here's hoping Sagan is next. I want to like him but every time I see him I want punch him.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
News on the new frame from Orbea.

Even though its been a month now, & after countless assurances it was on its way, Orbea only sent the frame last Thursday apparently - so Tredz are expecting it with them in the next few days.

Would've been easier for everyone if Tredz had just sent me one from stock at their place...:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here