Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I struggled to find anything suitable in stock in the UK. Canyon are Germany based and only appear to sell direct online.

I also bought a Specialized Sirrus Elite flat bar road bike last year and love it, apart from the Black colour.

Black Bikes Matter

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hi All,

I'm looking for some recommendations for a good introductory road bike, any suggestions? Ideally not looking to spend more than £1,000.

Specialized Allez E5 looks to be what is coming up... just a struggle finding anything in stock!

Thanks a lot:albion2:

Go into your nearest bike shop, not Halfords for this, and get 'measured up'. By this I mean get sat on a few. Trust them to tell you which fits best. Brands have different frames and you want one that will minimise aches and pains due to not being best for you.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Black Bikes Matter

"White is the new Black"...(when it comes to bikes) I really dislike the all black look, but thankfully brands seem to be moving away from this more and more the last few months. Also seems to be less plain black kit (SO BORING!) around as well which is good to see. Its all about bright colours again it seems :clap:

If anyone missed out on the Gran Piemonte race yesterday, its worth watching highlights. Utterly stunning backdrop.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Hi All,

I'm looking for some recommendations for a good introductory road bike, any suggestions? Ideally not looking to spend more than £1,000.

Specialized Allez E5 looks to be what is coming up... just a struggle finding anything in stock!

Thanks a lot:albion2:

I ride an Orbea H40...was only £800ish from Tredz (I know...now owned by Halfords) but its been an amazing bike for the price. Not had any problems with it, super comfy with the more relaxed geometry, and looks great too. Worth checking out.

This years models have been tweaked, and now include discs...this for £999 looks a lovely bike, albeit a slightly lower spec groupset.

https://www.orbea.com/gb-en/bicycles/road/avant/cat/avant-h60-d

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's the weather like, out?

Hail, you say...

dauphinehailstones-920x598.jpg

Riders forced under makeshift rafts as hailstorm batters Critérium du Dauphiné
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/cycli..._content=9ef51ee1-9883-4842-b690-3a5fc9c0d644

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Picked up the new member of the family last night, & I have to say Im very impressed. Only had time for a spin along the under-cliff, but the missus absolutely loves it.

Its a weighty beast (23kg) but even in Eco mode it gives you a nice little boost, & you dont feel the weight at all. Shes always HATED hills, so went up the switchback at Saltdean Lido to see what it was like on "climb" mode.....& it was like watching LA go up the Galibier "fueled" to the max.

I have a feeling I wont see her very much on any rides we do....but at least she can get to the cafe first and get the coffees sorted! :D

View attachment 127105

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the least surprising news of the day, albeit sooner than expected:-

[tweet]1294970167991119879[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Incredibly, it's the cycling aspect that I'm currently struggling with!

Yeah, I'd guessed that. I hope its mojo related and not because of any injury etc. Don't feel compelled to reply - you know what I mean.

My body is trying to trick me out of riding again. Yesterday I had a huge lie in after deciding not to go out due to rain - I guess I needed it. This morning, not saying it was easy, but I didn't feel wrecked after a hilly ride my body told me not to go on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, I'd guessed that. I hope its mojo related and not because of any injury etc. Don't feel compelled to reply - you know what I mean.

My body is trying to trick me out of riding again. Yesterday I had a huge lie in after deciding not to go out due to rain - I guess I needed it. This morning, not saying it was easy, but I didn't feel wrecked after a hilly ride my body told me not to go on.
Head 'injury'.

Truth be told I've not been 'well' for quite some time, it's only the banality of same shit different day that gets me through to bedtime.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just as I was getting my mojo back after illness last week, I've been hobbled with bruised ribs after playing football with my son yesterday.

Its safer being out on the roads at the moment than trying to tackle a "built like a brick sh**house" 14 yr old centre-back.... :facepalm:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Head 'injury'.

Truth be told I've not been 'well' for quite some time, it's only the banality of same shit different day that gets me through to bedtime.

Hope nothing too serious Stat. As for getting out on the bike. It’s definitely in the mind. I find if I can force myself out I bloody love it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hope nothing too serious Stat. As for getting out on the bike. It’s definitely in the mind. I find if I can force myself out I bloody love it.

I don't know what's wrong with me (well I do I know precisely what's wrong) I'm in a 'good place' at the moment but am completely lost.
To the point now that I'm making myself worse because I know I should be okay.

I went for coffee with Phil a couple of weeks ago and really, really struggled to leave the house.
Obviously all good while out by I could happily have cancelled.

I function with the kids, just, but even that's tough.

I'm just absolutely done in, only this time I don't really have something to pin it on.

All very pathetic - c'est la vie.

Discussion over

(Sorry my friends I'm just hoping if I write it down I can own it)

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I don't know what's wrong with me (well I do I know precisely what's wrong) I'm in a 'good place' at the moment but am completely lost.

I went for coffee with Phil a couple of weeks ago and really, really struggled to leave the house.

I'm just absolutely done in, only this time I don't really have something to pin it on.

Discussion over

Nothing pathetic about it. You’ve done the hardest thing by starting to talk about it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Discussion over

Definitely not pathetic. Hang in there, there's good days and bad days. Fingers crossed you'll have some good ones soon. You're not alone in that regard and you've got more friends on here than you may realise.

Take care and be kind to yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here