Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
and, pray tell, what make of steed is it that only gets an annual trip outdoors?

It's a Battaglin, which replaced a Bianchi that was always too small for me. It was working overtime last year when I was Ironman training, but life (and running) has got in the way this year a bit. One blast over the Bostal Road from Shoreham-by-Sea is all it's managed I'm ashamed to admit.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Talking of steeds....surely the sexiest bike on the race this year - albeit for one stage? :love::love:

Naesen_Corsa_1_4_Copyright_Eddy-Merckx.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's a Battaglin, which replaced a Bianchi that was always too small for me. It was working overtime last year when I was Ironman training, but life (and running) has got in the way this year a bit. One blast over the Bostal Road from Shoreham-by-Sea is all it's managed I'm ashamed to admit.

Nice. Has it got Campag on it?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
But, but, Stat made fun of Pinot, so it's all his fault.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I guess not talking Cav didn't quite pay off for Dimension Data:-

Tour de France 2019 final prize money
Team Sky €779,200
Jumbo-Visma €203,400
Deceuninck – Quick-Step €189,940
Bora-Hansgrohe €159,050
Lotto-Soudal €134,760
Movistar €132,470
Trek-Segafredo €81,590
Mitchelton-Scott €76,520
Bahrain-Merida €71,890
Groupama-FDJ €60,200
Ag2r La Mondiale €55,140
EF Education First €41,710
Wanty-Gobert €34,940
Sunweb €31,310
CCC €27,250
Astana €24,250
UAE Team Emirates €22,930
Arkéa-Samsic €22,800
Cofidis €21,170
Dimension Data €19,300
Katusha-Alpecin €18,220
Total Direct Energie €17,760

Seemingly 12 teams earned less in 3 weeks slugging around France than Lewis Dunk et al picked up last week after a bit of pre-season training.

That green jersey doesn't pay too well then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You must forgive 10, he asked a leading question, which has got me in trouble and now you as well.

10 wants to know what groupset, gears, brakes, crank, cassette, you have attached to your Battaglin.

The answer will be either a Shimano or Campagnolo groupset.

But here's the problem, one answer is very right the other is appallingly wrong, hence my preferred stance of 'Schrodingers Groupset' so we can continue to live in harmony.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nice. Has it got Campag on it?

You must forgive 10, he asked a leading question, which has got me in trouble and now you as well.

10 wants to know what groupset, gears, brakes, crank, cassette, you have attached to your Battaglin.

The answer will be either a Shimano or Campagnolo groupset.

But here's the problem, one answer is very right the other is appallingly wrong, hence my preferred stance of 'Schrodingers Groupset' so we can continue to live in harmony.

Honestly? I haven't got a clue – it's got whatever it came with (I can find out if you REALLY want to know [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION]...) I bought it from my brother-in-law after he decided cycling wasn't for him and it's done the jobs it's needed to do, so far.

I'm happy to admit that I know next to nothing about the intricate details of bike components, nor am I particularly bothered by them. I guess I'm a bit of a 'none of the gear, no idea' kinda cyclist :)

EDIT: Actually, that's not strictly true – I could do with a new/better/more comfortable saddle because mine always kills my arse after about 25 miles or so. Any recommendations gratefully received...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here