Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Whatever the hypothetical time gaps, we’ve been denied one hell of a finale. GT was the only one sheltered on that climb, Bernal and Alaphilippe both worked on their own. Biggest loser I think was Thomas who in a strong group hunting a stage win. We’ll never know, but Bernal had a huge 35km ahead of him solo.

The last climb was 10km, he had Simon Yates with him and he had about 15km of descent to go before kicking up.

The 35km climb to Val Thorens is tomorrow.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Screenshot_20190726-160323_Twitter.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The last climb was 10km, he had Simon Yates with him and he had about 15km of descent to go before kicking up.

The 35km climb to Val Thorens is tomorrow.

Yates didn’t help him once on the l’Iseran, think the only thing there would have been an attack from Yates to win the stage.

D

Deleted member 22389

Brilliant race this year. Would have liked to see a French rider win it, but thumbs up to Bernal.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
And a much more benign one too, 'just' the 33 kms final climb I think?

It's ending up like the final season of Game of Thrones.

It’s a real shame as this year has been one of the best, and closest races for years. it’s all a bit meh.

Yes, it's a pity, but...

I have driven from Albertville to Val Thorens a couple of times. It is a monster of a climb. It just goes on and on at a steep gradient, and takes an eternity to drive up.

It will be the best short stage ever...if nature allows it to run its course.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, it was quite compelling in the end, but can't shake the sense that from the point of stopping the race yesterday, we've been denied a real classic finish to a TdF.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks Stat, and Moto.

That is truly magnificent.

Would be better if it was in proper Sussex, though.

This is Moto we're talking about here, Sussex Fortnight could be something very different.
That's just the first thing google coughed up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here