Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
D5eSWQdXsAMratL.jpg:large

Not sure how I feel about this (I know cycling is riddled with unethical sponsors). The kit looks, um, threatening.

I actually really like it. I wasn't sure what to think about the new sponsors either when it was all announced, and I've never been a massive fan of Team SKY tbh but, purely on aesthetics, this kit looks really classy. Much better than the blue.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I actually really like it. I wasn't sure what to think about the new sponsors either when it was all announced, and I've never been a massive fan of Team SKY tbh but, purely on aesthetics, this kit looks really classy. Much better than the blue.

Still don't know why any cycling team would use black given the sun exposure they get!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Made the most of the possibly the last nice evening before winter really kicks in tonight. Stretched my usual 8km commute to 24. Some pretty busy roads to contend with, and an amazing number of cycle lanes that I didn't know existed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As my late father used to say, with his nose pressed against the window looking out at another gloriously sunny Sussex day, while the test match at Headingly has been abandoned:-

D5kWj7LXoAEw00Z.jpg

"Why play sport in Yorkshire".

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It is tipping it down at the moment. Proper heavy rain (I'm about 2/3 miles from tomorrow's stage start). Very wet roads for the women in the morning.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FYI Aldi's cycling stuff is in store from Thursday.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
With only a few days left until the 102nd Giro d'Italia rolls down the start ramp in Bologna, who do the Geeks have down as their favourites this year?

Will Simon Yates last the distance and claim his first maglia rosa? Will Tom Dumoulin use the three ITT's to his advantage & win his 2nd Giro? or will we have a new King in the form of Roglic....?

godersi la corsa!

http://www.giroditalia.it/eng/stage/stage-1-2019/

giro-ditalia-evidenza-mmw-2.jpgroute.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
With only a few days left until the 102nd Giro d'Italia rolls down the start ramp in Bologna, who do the Geeks have down as their favourites this year?

Will Simon Yates last the distance and claim his first maglia rosa? Will Tom Dumoulin use the three ITT's to his advantage & win his 2nd Giro? or will we have a new King in the form of Roglic....?

godersi la corsa!

http://www.giroditalia.it/eng/stage/stage-1-2019/

View attachment 109171View attachment 109172

I must get my cycling-watching-mojo back. I don't think I have watched a race yet this year...so I have no idea who is riding, or who is in form.

My brother lives in Bologna. He says the city is a wonderful place to be today, already, and is hugely looking forward to Friday

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I must get my cycling-watching-mojo back. I don't think I have watched a race yet this year...so I have no idea who is riding, or who is in form.

My brother lives in Bologna. He says the city is a wonderful place to be today, already, and is hugely looking forward to Friday

There have been some amazing races already this year, with new names coming to the fore & shaking things up a bit. As for the Giro, Im disappointed that Pinot isnt riding as he always seems to go quite well in Italy - but I guess the 3 ITT's put him off! Yates, Dumoulin, Roglic will be the main men to watch for sure - but I wouldn't count out Nibali as hes been riding well recently. With no Froome, Bernal, G, Bardet etc., its quite a limited group that can take the win this year - but shouldnt be any less exciting.

Catch up with a few things here before Saturday!

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...ings-look-first-week-giro-ditalia-2019-422644

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/05/preview-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-2019-giro-ditalia/

Would love to go out to Italy for some of the Giro one year...my favourite GT by far.

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
FYI Aldi's cycling stuff is in store from Thursday.

Popped in to the Lewes branch before work this morning and got myself a work stand as Im fed up with sitting on the floor, or bending down, to do any work on the bike. £25 is a bargain, and you get a 3 yr warranty with it as well (keep the receipt!) Also grabbed a High 5 bottle / gel set, and a can of GT85. Not bad for about £30 all in.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here