Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The one on Rottingdean Beach? Once a popular hangout for a certain Jiri Skalak...was always down there whenever I rode past! I know the owners Sarah & Steve well - lovely place to stop and watch the world go by for a while.
Yep, never keen to clean the bike straight after a ride!!!

Not much world going by today, but Phil lured me in with a flat ride!
I can't remember the last time I got a nose bleed from altitude sickness. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FYI - Winter cycling gear is in stock at Aldi.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Lovely to get out on the MTB this morning, and avoid all the traffic on the way to work :smile:

mtb.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I decided to let Evans at my front mech. No surprise that I need a new chain and cassette, but was a bit surprised to hear that they were implicated in the front mech rubbing issue. I think I got my point across eventually.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Have a series of Track and Talk sessions at the Olympic Velodrome. 75 minutes on the track and an hour talk and Q and A with a cycling gold medallist... Dani Rowe 17th October... Callum Skinner 14th November and Shanaze Reade 21st November. This is bringing to an end the Legacy 300 project that has already reached £343k in direct donations to good causes. Cost £60...12.30pm / 1.45pm time slots PM for further information. IMG_20191007_225437_674.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
TDF 2020 route is announced in 10 mins. Available to watch live on the TDF app if anyone has it.

Dont know if anyone else did the full Velogames season this year? I just about managed to keep up with it, and finished 576th out of 20k+. Not bad for my first time doing the whole lot from start to finish :smile:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
So, while the presentation is still going on, I get an email from the TDF...with the route on! While the Mayor of Nice is banging on about the Grand Depart, cast your eyes over the 2020 route....

8cbf2.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That stage 20 uphill time trial looks perfect for a certain Mr Froome to bag title number 5.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
That stage 20 uphill time trial looks perfect for a certain Mr Froome to bag title number 5.

My initial thought as well...but theres plenty of other riders out there who could take that stage / title when you think about it.

Still a long way to go in Froomes recovery though. Seeing him walk across the stage earlier was like watching Herr Flick walk into Renes cafe.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dont know if anyone else did the full Velogames season this year? I just about managed to keep up with it, and finished 576th out of 20k+. Not bad for my first time doing the whole lot from start to finish :smile:

Good going :thumbsup:

I only did the Classics game. Think I got up to about 30 something overall just before LBL, only to just drop out of the top 50 after a poor showing in La Doyenne.

Needless to say I was absolutely gutted, and it completely ruined the rest of my Spring :lol:

Screenshot_2019-10-15-17-39-35.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1185195714068045825[/tweet]

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Anybody else watching six day London? Cav looks to be in excellent form, I appreciate that others are at the end of their season and he hasn't raced much over the year. Nevertheless, makes me wonder what happened between him and the Dimension Data management.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Never really got into track racing tbh...just doesn't do much for me at all. Now the seasons finished its all about cyclocross for me. Off to Preston Park Velodrome on Sunday to watch the latest round of the London & SE CX Championship. Bobble hat & cowbell compulsary :D

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Opened the latest Cycling Plus this morning to find weve entered the twilight zone.

A Halfords own brand Carrera Virago has won Best on Test for sub £1000 bikes.

*In all fairness though, my mate has one and loves it. Full carbon, decent G/S. Nice bike for £800.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
GCN Racing YouTube channel is showing the latest DVV Trophy Elite Womens & Mens race live this afternoon - cyclocross mayhem I reckon as they are also using the Koppenberg climb today! :ohmy:
Race starts in the next few minutes.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here