Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion versus Wrexham - FA Cup round 3 ***Official match thread***

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Brighton skipper Gordon Greer is unavailable for the visit of Wrexham as he serves the first game of a three-match suspension.

Fellow centre-half Lewis Dunk is also suspended, so defender Grant Hall can expect to be handed his full debut.

Wrexham have a trio of fitness concerns as strikers Matthias Pogba (ankle) and Danny Wright (hamstring) face late fitness tests.

Midfielder Jamie Tolley is also a doubt with a dead leg.

MATCH FACTSHead-to-head

• Brighton have won 14 and lost eight of 34 competitive matches against Wrexham.

• They have not faced each other for eight seasons.

• This is only the third time these clubs have been drawn against each other in the FA Cup. Brighton won a second round tie in December 1932; Wrexham reversed the honours in the second round in December 1953. But those two ties took a total of five games to resolve.

Brighton & Hove Albion

• The 1983 runners-up enjoyed their best FA Cup run in a quarter of a century, by reaching the fifth round last season.

• Hereford were the last non-league club to oust the Seagulls; 2-1 away in the first round in November 1997.

• Gus Poyet saw his side win and score for the first time in five outings, when they thrashed Championship leaders Southampton last time out.

Wrexham

• Blue Square Bet Premier leaders Wrexham are one of four non-league clubs to have qualified for the third round.

• The oldest club in Wales, who reached the quarter-finals for the third time in their history in 1997, are making a first appearance in the third round in five seasons.

• They last graced the fourth round in January 2000, after dismissing Premier League Middlesbrough

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Deadman is the man with the whistle. The same fellow who sent off Calde when we diced with death against Charlton a while back.
Darren "crazy eyes" Deadman

0,,10433~9293919,00.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Brighton and Hove Albion 4-0 Wrexham.

Good to see Wrexham going strong in the Blue Square Premier, hopefully they'll hold of the investment from Fleetwood Town to win promotion back to where they belong, the Football League.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm going but I'm expecting a frustrating game against a team very up for it, a draw or a defeat would not suprise me. Watch us win 5-0 now.

Wxm_4Eva

Jan 6, 2012
Should be a cracking game... Underestimate us at your peril... to those who think Brighton are gonna storm is with a big score.. you gonna be suprised.

Hopefully will be an awesome day for all and We (Wrexham) make our support proud and give you a crackin game and come away with a win.... My prediction is a 2-1 VERY hard fought win.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seagulls Player now on

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have gone for the good old reliable 3-1 to the Albion
Meggy has not been to well this week but perked up to say although I was born in Wales its a win for the Albion then went back under the duvet

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A draw would suit me very well.

4-4 (CMS 3, Vicente)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
CMS on the bench alongside Bridders

Paying the bills