Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday- someone from the club please read.

The catering at the Amex has always been at best poor, not the food so much as the staffing and service.

Yesterday before the game there were queue's 20 deep with 3 queue's per area and 4 areas, thats a potential 240 paying customers at any one moment.

The service was shockingly slow taking about 2-3 minutes per person. Therefore at the back of the queue if you are lucky it is taking 20-30 minutes to reach the front, maybe longer. Because of this you are LOSING paying customers, revenue for the club and profit is walking away with a dissatsified potential customer.

Because it is now so BAD a lot of people don't even bother anymore. Does the club know that lots of people have decided to give up eating at the ground and are stopping at the burger bar at the station instead ?

I have noticed his queue's are getting much larger each game at the burger bar. I don't know how you get a licence but there is a golden opportunity to print money there. It is LOST money for BHAFC.

The quality of the food was shocking. The Christmas pie was an abomination and was only chosen as the Steak , Chicken and Ham, Balti and even Vegetarian pies had all run out by 2.45 pm.

Also Harvey's had run out and the only choice was Fosters, horrible. The Harvey's stand alone kiosks, normally 3, were nowhere to be seen.

You need to sort this out and FAST. If 2000 people a game do not bother now at an average spend of £ 5 a head , thats £ 10000 a game and nearly a quarter of a million pounds lost revenue each season for the club.

The staffing is, sorry, very poor. It is mainly students and people with NO catering experience or customer service levels or bar experience. You need some older and wiser heads to run the show, maybe a catering manager for each area who has experience and can organise each area to run smoothly and efficiently by directing the staff and prioritising what needs to be prepared ready for drinking and consumption.

The Amex stadium and experience is wonderful but this is a MAJOR dropping of the ball by BHAFC so can someone who is in charge of this aspect get to grips with this problem NOW.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Agreed.

Have pretty much given up with the kiosks now - and so rather than spending my usual £20 per match i spend £0. The guys serving take AN AGE to work the machine, gather the order, swipe the card/take the cash. Plus the inconsistencies create much frustration - why no mobile Harveys stands in the WSU yesterday? Pies running out all the time, sometimes the Fosters stand thing has waters, sometimes not. But mainly it's the super slow service that puts me off.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
MOST caterers probably make the judgement that selling out of food and drink is a sign of a profitable, successful business.

Ed, why is it you make a point of disagreeing with every post I ever do and making it out to be wrong ?. Its starting to piss me off now. YOU are wrong on this one. I know you consider yourself to be a spokesman for BHAFC but this is CONSTRUCTIVE crticism so stick your head in the sand if you want and let profit walk away from BHAFC.

Last edited:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
MOST caterers probably make the judgement that selling out of food and drink is a sign of a profitable, successful business.

eh? Most caterers would realise they didn't order enough stock if they completely sold out of their products... especially with thousands of dissapointed customers they couldn't serve.

patbha

Sep 16, 2004
worthing
could'nt agree more deliberately went early to meet with friends and have a few beers in Dicks bar. After queue to get in had almost as long to get a drink from the front bar only 2 staff on serving painfully slow and constantly wandering off to get pies?????
After the game in the North was fine though so perhaps its just hit & miss

its-a-seagull

Nov 1, 2007
If hundreds of people leave it until the last 20 minutes before kick-off then there are bound to be problems. Queuing for food and drink an hour before the game is always hassle free.

Having said that, the staff are often extremely grumpy so could be advised to smile every so often.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
eh? Most caterers would realise they didn't order enough stock if they completely sold out of their products... especially with thousands of dissapointed customers they couldn't serve.

I agree STAGGERING !

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Because it is now so BAD a lot of people don't even bother anymore. Does the club know that lots of people have decided to give up eating at the ground and are stopping at the burger bar at the station instead ?

I have noticed his queue's are getting much larger each game at the burger bar. I don't know how you get a licence but there is a golden opportunity to print money there. It is LOST money for BHAFC.

Many thanks.

Uncle,please explain this oxymoron....' many have decided to give up eating at the ground.....
'I have noticed the queues getting much larger each game'.......

It can't be both!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle,please explain this oxymoron....' many have decided to give up eating at the ground.....

It can't be both!

The queue's may be larger because the speed of service maybe be slower possibly ? Also fannying around searching out pies and what beer has not sold out. Its totally disorganised, hence my suggestion for catering managers for each area to make sure things are organised and quicker. It may cost more than the £ 6.50 ph the students get but it would be worth it.

Ed, why is it you make a point of disagreeing with every post I ever do and making it out to be wrong ?. Its starting to piss me off now. YOU are wrong on this one. I know you consider yourself to be a spokesman for BHAFC but this CONSTRUCTIVE crticism so stick your head in the sand if you want and let profit walk away from BHAFC.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I was a victim of the "no pies / no Harveys / no Hophead / No guest ale" situation at 2.30pm in Dicks Bar yesterday. I was fortunate to be able to buy the LAST pie from the North Stand Pie and Pint counter at half time (ahead of people behind me who wanted to buy a pie). The general point I'm making about the caterers is that they are probably quite happy / complacent about the volume of sales.

As for considering myself to be "a spokesman for BHAFC" ... where do you get that idea? Complacency and taking people for granted seems to me to be at the heart of the Club's culture at the moment. This is but one example of it. I could list a dozen more.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Glad to see the 2012 moan season has kicked off. Perhaps we could have some sort of Moan Olympics in the summer.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Due to work I wasn't there yesterday, but I do agree that the length of time it takes to get served is pretty ridiculous, as is the fact that it's 50/50 whether the pie or beer I want will actually be available. These sort of thigns were completely understandable in August/September, but I feel the stadium's been open long enough now that they should be sorted out.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

It can't be both!

Because the kiosks are getting SLOWER in my experience. Seriously, how long should it take to serve 2 pints? I think perhaps the issue is that Azure use different agency staff every game, who aren't then trained properly, plus they seem understaffed most matches - for example why no mobile Harveys stands yesterday?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

It can't be both!
I read it that the burger bar getting the longer queues were at the station.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Glad to see the 2012 moan season has kicked off. Perhaps we could have some sort of Moan Olympics in the summer.

This criticism is for the GOOD of the club.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Couldn't disagree more - Yesterday I went for a pie @ half time and queued up for no longer than 5 mins (WSU C Section) and the person who served me was quick and friendly; I couldn't ask for more :)

Your one of the lucky ones. I can only speak for the East Stand experience.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Couldn't disagree more - Yesterday I went for a pie @ half time and queued up for no longer than 5 mins (WSU C Section) and the person who served me was quick and friendly; I couldn't ask for more :)

Don't tarnish this thread with your POSITIVE experience of the catering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here