Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We absolutely should not sell Steve Cook (merged: Cook gone to Bournemouth)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was originally concerned by the prospect, but now I'm down right scared.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Played well today and can play right back or centre back.

Funny how things can change, a few injuries and Greer getting a red may well have changed Cooks future at the Albion. Up to him now to grab it.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£150k? Bournemouth can piss right off.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Up until a couple of weeks ago, it was unlikely that he'd get much game time with us, so he probably needed the move.

Shows how quickly things can change.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He's put himself in a good position to negotiate a new contract with the Albion if he wants it as well as the chance of playing Championship football. The boy played well today.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If we do sell him for 150k after that, we will live to regret it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's put himself in a good position to negotiate a new contract with the Albion if he wants it as well as the chance of playing Championship football. The boy played well today.

That's the key, if he wants it. Maybe he wants regular first team football and not content to sit on the bench any longer. Can Gus offer him that? I hope we keep him but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Agreed ... let's make some money on Dunk and invest in a decent front man

Now you talking !!.........But who someone to supplement and feed CMS.......or his replacement,as IMO the way we play does not exploit his talents,as today showed yet another game where he gives his all but yet.........!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Surely the selling him rumour has got to be bullshit. If he was on his way out the door would Poyet really recall him and play him? Pretty sure that's not how Poyet operates, if he decides you're gone then you're gone regardless.

All paper talk at the moment, deffo think it's rubbish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ninja Elephant, on the other thread has done a blooming good job explaining why we SHOULD sell Cook.

He certainly changed my opinion.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
That's the key, if he wants it. Maybe he wants regular first team football and not content to sit on the bench any longer. Can Gus offer him that? I hope we keep him but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go.

Well he's proved he's good enough for the Championship with that performance against the top team so I guess it's up to the boy if he wants to fight for a place here or take the easy option in league 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here