Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Venue: The Amex Stadium
Kick Off: 15.00
Referee: Andy D'Urso

Team News:

Brighton go into this fixture decimated by injuries and suspensions with no fewer than 10 first team players missing out.

Lewis Dunk, Ashley Barnes and Romain Vincelot are all suspended whilst Marcos Painter, Inigo Calderon, Vicente, Will Hoskins, Craig Noone and Tommy Elphick all miss out through injury.

Southampton will miss Morgan Schneiderlin in the centre of midfield whilst Richard Chaplow remains injured. Jose Fonte should be available for selection after an injured toe.

Probable Brighton starting 11:

Ankergren
Taricco
Greer
Cook
El-Abd
Buckley
Bridcutt
Sparrow
Lua Lua
CMS
Paynter

My prediction? A surprise backs against the wall 1-0 Albion win. CMS snatching the match winner.

All together now...... GOOD OLD SUSSEX BY THE SEA!!!!!

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Ah my apologies Buckley for Nooney!!! :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't see us getting anything out of this game but stranger things have happened.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You've forgotten Gary Dicker so that makes a full team of 11.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Surely Tarricco cant play 2 games in 3 days.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Happy New Year!!

A new year means a clean slate. Let's have a good, positive vibe about today, let's hope the crowd get behind the team and roar them on to a magnificent thrashing of the league leaders. 4-0 to the Albion. Buckley x 2, CMS, Lua Lua.

No, I have not been drinking.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You missed out...
Assistants: Stuart Butler and Nigel Lugg
Fourth Official: Ryan T Atkin

League Matches at Brighton - all time
Brighton wins - 4
Southampton wins - 6
Draws - 7
Brighton goals - 18
Southampton goals - 16

League Results at Brighton - all time
English League One

23.04.2011 Brighton 1-2 Southampton
01.04.2010 Brighton 2-2 Southampton
English League Championship
08.04.2006 Brighton 0-2 Southampton
English Division One (old)
27.12.1982 Brighton 0-1 Southampton
03.04.1982 Brighton 1-1 Southampton
24.02.1981 Brighton 2-0 Southampton
22.09.1979 Brighton 0-0 Southampton
English Division Two (old)
02.01.1978 Brighton 1-1 Southampton
24.02.1962 Brighton 0-0 Southampton
04.02.1961 Brighton 0-1 Southampton
English Division Three (South)
08.02.1958 Brighton 1-1 Southampton
23.02.1957 Brighton 1-0 Southampton
24.09.1955 Brighton 5-0 Southampton
28.08.1954 Brighton 1-2 Southampton
27.03.1954 Brighton 2-1 Southampton
01.10.1921 Brighton 0-1 Southampton
05.02.1921 Brighton 1-1 Southampton

Head-to-head
• Southampton have had the better of the exchanges over their south coast rivals, winning 22 of the 39 competitive encounters, Brighton seven, with 10 drawn.
• Brighton's only win in 10 league clashes was 3-1 away in November 2009 in Gus Poyet's first game in charge. It's over 30 years since they took maximum points off Saints in a home league match.
• Southampton are on course for a third successive victory over the Seagulls, to complete their second league double against them in six seasons.

Brighton
• Brighton are on a four-match losing run.
• The Seagulls have not found the net in 360 minutes of Championship football, since Will Buckley's injury time winner against Nottingham Forest on 3 December.
• The Seagulls are hoping to start a new year with victory for the third year running.

Southampton
• Southampton embark on a new year with a two point lead at the top of the table, despite ending 2011 with a shock home defeat to Bristol City, and just one win in five Championship games.
• They have not won in three on the road, since defeating Coventry 4-2 on 5 November.
• Nigel Adkins' side have only taken maximum points off Barnsley and Ipswich, in addition to the Sky Blues on their league travels.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Venue: The Amex Stadium
Kick Off: 15.00
Referee: Andy D'Urso

Team News:

Brighton go into this fixture decimated by injuries and suspensions with no fewer than 10 first team players missing out.

Lewis Dunk, Ashley Barnes and Romain Vincelot are all suspended whilst Marcos Painter, Inigo Calderon, Vicente, Will Hoskins, Craig Noone and Tommy Elphick all miss out through injury.

Southampton will miss Morgan Schneiderlin in the centre of midfield whilst Richard Chaplow remains injured. Jose Fonte should be available for selection after an injured toe.

Probable Brighton starting 11:

Ankergren
Taricco
Greer
Cook
El-Abd
Buckley
Bridcutt
Sparrow
Lua Lua
CMS
Paynter

My prediction? A surprise backs against the wall 1-0 Albion win. CMS snatching the match winner.

All together now...... GOOD OLD SUSSEX BY THE SEA!!!!!

Its a BBBW official thread - Its a victory just waiting to happen!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't want to forecast the team on this thread, but I would like to see Kazenga on for the first part of the match to run at Richardson and stop him getting forward. I am not sure that Cook can play with Greer together in the centre of defence so Hall might play ??? I see Cook as the covering defender and I would like to see him play. Whoever plays on the right will probably not get past Fox. So that means Buckley on the bench ???

Southampton are a strong counter-attacking team so it would be best in midfield if we did not lose the ball and pick up on the knock-downs which means Bridcutt and especially Sparrow to start. Southampton also play the ball into the channels so Ankergen (and whatever keeper) will probably be flapping again. This is what happens when any team plays deep.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/12/01/01/manual_135040.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1&BID=360

Morgan Schneiderlin is missing (I think) but this will not be a loss for them and neither will the missing Chaplow (who looks dangerous but it all legs and feet tangled up). So Southampton with Fonte back looks to have near enough a full team out.

Summary: if Cook plays we have a chance. We really need to give them something to worry about which can only mean Vicente &/or Kazenga. Southampton will play their normal game (why change a winning formulae?), so we know what to expect.

BHA v Southampton - Score Predictor

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
relying on you guys for company today - I took six of the kids/grandkids to Coventry on Boxing Day so it might be a week or two before funds are replenished sufficient to travel :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here