Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best places to live in Sussex?

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Outside Crawley what are the best places to live money wise and, also I want to live in a area that is not as rough as Crawley. I am thinking at the moment Mid-Sussex, Adur District, Lewes District or Eastbourne. I plan to move in a few years time. What do you guys think?

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Brighton, without a doubt.

To the south, you have the English Channel, and just a few miles north you have the beauty of the South Downs.

Oh, and you have the Albion!

And by the way, Crawley is not even a place to live, let alone the best. :jester:

And if you look hard enough, you can get a cheap place

Last edited:

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Mile_Oak_-_far_goal_from_bank.jpg

In the Mafia set !!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I've just moved to Newhaven from Seaford. There is a shit load of money being spent on the place and a lot of redevelopment still planned for around the harbour area. Not only is a it a decent launching pad for the A27 but the house prices are rising sharply. Soon it will be inline with Seaford house prices.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
You also don't get all the Londoners buy up all the houses. Most people moving to Newhaven are people who have cashed in on their flats in Brighton and want somewhere with off road parking and a garden.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Incredigull said:
Mile_Oak_-_far_goal_from_bank.jpg

In the Mafia set !!
:bowdown: the rec:bowdown: home of whittys barmy army , the tangerines

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I love Shoreham, but I've seen a house on the Coombes road at St Botolphs I rather like . . . . little chalet with a stream and about 2 1/2 acres, fantastic views acrodss the downs as well.

I wouldnt mind moving bacl to Steyning, but I dont think Wiston House is likely to come on the market in a hurry :lolol:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Pethick's Haircut said:
Brighton, without a doubt.

To the south, you have the English Channel, and just a few miles north you have the beauty of the South Downs.

Oh, and you have the Albion!

And by the way, Crawley is not even a place to live, let alone the best. :jester:

And if you look hard enough, you can get a cheap place

Hove over Brighton anyday and its slightly cheaper. you dont get some many homeless people in Hove, its a bit easier to park, hardly any tourists and nicer places to eat.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
zefarelly said:
I love Shoreham, but I've seen a house on the Coombes road at St Botolphs I rather like . . . . little chalet with a stream and about 2 1/2 acres, fantastic views acrodss the downs as well.

I love the Coombes Road and surrounding area, do it. I often take that route home after work to de-stress.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bexhill on Sea. I refer you to my glowing tribute, publsihed in Crap Towns (Boxtree, 2003).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here