Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No prizes for guessing my vote

:mad::mad:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes , integration with smartcards is the way to go. A political sweetener to support the sustainable transport plan and all that old bollocks.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
No - highly unfair to those who walk or cycle or have other means of getting there.

These travel vouchers are highly unpoliceable though - they need to do something but I don't know what!!!!

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think it should be an option.

Smartcards with integrated travel could be say Blue, those without white. It would still require some policing, but it's easier to check the colour of a card at distance rather than check the details on an individual ticket/voucher.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No. I pay enough

I think it should be an option.

Smartcards with integrated travel could be say Blue, those without white. It would still require some policing, but it's easier to check the colour of a card at distance rather than check the details on an individual ticket/voucher.
At this stage in the Albion's development, it is essential that we demonstrate a commitment to sustainable travel. My reason for voting for travel to be included automatically in the ticket price is that this will help persuade the City Council's Green administration to support stadium expansion. That way lies the income growth that will fund promotion and a long stay in the Premier League.

An inclusive match + travel ticket will also assure that sufficient income reaches the Club to fund the transport improvements that will allow 8,000 extra fans to get to and from games with reasonable convenience.

IF it is ONLY an option, I would be very restrictive about who should be offered the option. Drivers and their passengers shouldn't get the option. Nor should tickets sold on a match-by-match basis (including away fans' tickets) allow the option.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I voted yes, it really pisses me off that I have paid £90 for travel vouchers for myself and 2 grandsons and have only ever had one voucher collected at Mill Road P/R back in August. And then you listen to people bragging quite openly about how they haven't had to pay a penny so far. If the club can't police the present system then the cost of travel needs to be included in the ticket price.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If 95% are travelling for free because the current scheme is totally screwed why should the club be taken for mugs by the freeloaders ? Add the price on to make it fairer for all in the long run.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yes, f***ing obviously. Happy new year.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I beleive the busses are being equiped with oyster card type readers. Surley with this technology in place the Albion could sell travel vouchers to those who want it, have the travel added to season ticket card and so when you travel by bus on a matchday simply scan the match ticket. This would allow travel for those who want it and prevent people not paying as [MENTION=9276]Barrow Boy[/MENTION] said above.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wasn't sure which way to vote. Initially, even though I use paid for, the current P&R, I was going to vote no, but on reflection and taking into account the planning applications and the fact the existing system is not policed anywhere near adequately, I opted to include it in the price. The only ones that can justify an opt out would be those that purchase car parking and perhaps those that live within, say a mile, and walk. There will be some who say why should I pay when I walk 5 miles every game but that's life.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO Public Transport ticket should be included in the (current) ticket price and fully paid for by those that opt to park a car at the Amex.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I beleive the busses are being equiped with oyster card type readers. Surley with this technology in place the Albion could sell travel vouchers to those who want it, have the travel added to season ticket card and so when you travel by bus on a matchday simply scan the match ticket. This would allow travel for those who want it and prevent people not paying as [MENTION=9276]Barrow Boy[/MENTION] said above.

That would be great but I believe this will only apply to Brighton & Hove buses. The buses used at the Park & Rides are sourced from many different companies so I can't see all of them buying equipment for such a system which would then only be used by them once a fortnight for 8 months of the year.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Personally, I cannot understand why, disabled excluded, you wouldn't be quite happy using public transport/P+R to get to and from the ground - unless you live within walking distance of the stadium, and there can't be many of those. So yes from me.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As someone whose Train Season Ticket which I pay a princley sum for, pays for my travel to the Amex. I will feel a bit put out to pay for the travel again. I will look forward to paying my 10% extra on the 3rd January as well.

I cannot believe this is a serious option and look forward to the Club statung its just specuslation and wrong.

Bah humbug.

Isn't this kertowing to the Politicians a bit too much?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The card readers went "live" in August , initially with concessionary passes and since November , Uni and college students have been using the "Key" on the buses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here