I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Kick off - 15.00
Venue - The Madjeski Stadium
Referee - Simon Hooper
Assistant Referees - Gavin Muge & David Rock

Team News:

Striker Mathieu Manset will be absent as the Royals welcome the Seagulls on Boxing Day. Brian McDermott will be boosted by the return of festively named striker Noel Hunt and veteran defender Ian Harte.

Winger Jimmy Kebe may feature after returning from injury whilst full back Joseph Mills may have to do with a place on the bench.

Brighton manager Gus Poyet welcomes full back Marcos Painter back into his squad whilst Ashley Barnes begins a 3 match ban and misses out.

Inigo Calderon will be missing for another couple of weeks whilst Gary Dicker remains a long term absentee. Will Hoskins is doubtful for the match.

My prediction? An entertaining 2-2 draw. Enjoy the turkey sandwiches everyone :)

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
League Matches at Reading - all time
Brighton wins - 9
Reading wins - 21
Draws - 11
Brighton goals - 39
Reading goals - 73

League Results at Reading - last 30 years
English League Championship

10.12.2005 Reading 5-1 Brighton
07.08.2004 Reading 3-2 Brighton
English Division One
04.04.2003 Reading 1-2 Brighton
English Division Two
09.03.2002 Reading 0-0 Brighton
30.04.1994 Reading 2-0 Brighton
16.01.1993 Reading 3-0 Brighton
English Division Two (old)
15.11.1986 Reading 2-1 Brighton

Head-to-head
• Reading hold a narrow lead over Brighton after 88 competitive matches spanning 90 years in which exactly 250 goals have featured; winning 32, drawing 28 and losing 28.
• The Royals have won their last four meetings in the Championship, culminating in a 5-1 triumph at the Madejski Stadium in December 2005.
• Brighton's most recent victory over the Berkshire club was 2-1 away from home in the second tier in April 2003.

Reading
• Reading have climbed to their highest position since the first week of the season, after a run of five wins in seven games lifted them to seventh.
• The Royals are vying for a third straight victory, having amassed 33 points after 22 games for the second season running.
• If this game finishes all square, it will be Reading's 100th home draw in second level league football.

Brighton
• Brighton, Championship leaders in mid-September, are aiming to avoid a third successive league defeat and score a first goal in three in Gus Poyet's 100th league game in charge.
• The Seagulls, who had two players (harshly) sent off in the 1-0 home defeat to Burnley last time out, have picked up four red cards and an unequalled 52 yellows.
• Four places and three points below the play-offs, Brighton have mounted 177 goals attempts, 85 on target, which is the fewest in the division on both counts.

Venue - The Madjeski Stadium
Hurry up and spell it correctly.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I really hope I am wrong but I can see Gus going for a defensive display today with out standard 0 or 1 shot on goal :(

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Is it definitely pay on the gate? If I go I need to leave pretty soon from Devon. Any help appreciated.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
08442491871 is there ticket number says something about 4 quid cheaper if booked b4 12..u might b struggling on that one lol...give them a bell

also says that is for away supporters as well..so indicates it is pay on the gate...but that only how i read it ..dont blame me..but give that a bell

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its a real shame we have these bloody injuries and suspensions as this is apart from palace the game i really want us to win,im just expecting and a boring defensive display from us and roughly a 2/3-0 defeat:(

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Oh, its Christmas

At the beginning of the season, I forecasted 70 pts and seventh place. We need three points today to get 35 points at the halfway stage.

Football Ground Guide: Madejski Stadium, Reading FC

After the attacking team Manchester United put out against Fulham, I would not like to forecasts what Gus will do. My view is that you can only play on one wing at the time, so if you have more than one winger the other winger has to drop make into midfield. But Manchester United played four or five wingers against Fulham, so we could play Vicente, Noone, Buckley, Kazenga, and Macca all up front (notionally).

And hope the referee approves.

Reading - Brighton and Hove Albion - 26 Dec 2011 Match Report from Football.co.uk

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
And who is the Fourth Official?

And who will get an early bath this Christmas? Latest Odds?

Referee
Simon Hooper

Spy in the Crowd (Fourth Official): Chris Powell -

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Leaving at 1- absolutely buzzing for this one. Hoping to see a line-up along the lines of-
Ankergren
Tarrico
Greer
Dunk
Painter
LuaLua
Bridcutt
Harley
Noone
CMS
Buckley

cjd