Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley fan cautioned over homophobic Brighton chants [BBC]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
A Barnsley football fan is cautioned for shouting homophobic abuse at Brighton supporters leaving a match at the Amex stadium.

More...

macky

Dec 28, 2004
ffs whats the world coming to if people dont want banter
then why dont they piss off and watch bowls

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
oh dear wonder what jobsworth complained about that. pathetic people are being arrested for this.

I wonder how you’d feel if someone had shouted racial abuse at a black person or directed abuse at a disabled supporter? Chanting ‘does your boyfriend know you’re here’ is banter but hurling homophobic bile outside a train station, in full earshot of young people, families and potentially those from the gay community has no place in modern society or football. If you think otherwise you’re a twat.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I wonder how you’d feel if someone had shouted racial abuse at a black person or directed abuse at a disabled supporter? Chanting ‘does your boyfriend know you’re here’ is banter but hurling homophobic bile outside a train station, in full earshot of young people, families and potentially those from the gay community has no place in modern society or football. If you think otherwise you’re a twat.

guess im a twat then no one sticks up for the gingers of this world

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
guess im a twat then no one sticks up for the gingers of this world

My point was chanting from the stands is completely different to directing homophobic abuse to supporters at a train station.

I have no problem with someone enquiring as to where my boyfriend is or suggesting I’m holding hands with my fellow supporters, that is purely banter but this was obviously very different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here