Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
20111217Burnley.jpg

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Unusual thread title but I like it. Come on albion!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Aside from losing the game to two first-half goals inside three minutes, Matt Sparrow was sent off following a clash with Cobblers midfielder Abdul Osman, while sub Alan Navarro was stretchered off with a serious-looking knee injury.

:shrug:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Venue: Amex Stadium
Date: Saturday 17 December
Kick-off: 1500 GMT

League Matches at Brighton - all time
Brighton wins - 4
Burnley wins - 2
Draws - 3
Brighton goals - 11
Burnley goals - 7

League Results at Brighton - all time
English League Championship

31.01.2006 Brighton 0-0 Burnley
20.11.2004 Brighton 0-1 Burnley
English Division One
28.12.2002 Brighton 2-2 Burnley
English Division Two
09.04.1996 Brighton 1-0 Burnley
16.03.1994 Brighton 1-1 Burnley
26.12.1992 Brighton 3-0 Burnley
English Division Two (old)
03.03.1979 Brighton 2-1 Burnley
11.02.1978 Brighton 2-1 Burnley
18.11.1972 Brighton 0-1 Burnley

Head-to-head
• These clubs have met each other on 18 occasions in the league; Brighton have won six, Burnley six, and six have been drawn.
• Stalemates have been produced in each of the last three Championship clashes.
• Burnley's 1-0 away win in November 2004, is the only decisive result in five league clashes over nine years.

Brighton
• Brighton lie immediately outside the play-off places, three points adrift of sixth-placed Leeds, and are chasing a fourth successive home league win.
• The Seagulls have lost the league game immediate prior to Christmas in each of the last three seasons.
• They have mounted fewer goal attempts than any other club in Championship matches this season (168).

Burnley
• 15th placed Burnley dropped points for the first time in four games, when losing 1-0, home to Portsmouth last Saturday.
• Five of their eight league victories have been picked up away from home, and a sixth would equal the total they gained in the whole of last season in the Championship.
• They have mounted more goal attempts than any other club in Championship matches this season (292).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
3-3

When I first started watching the Albion, the fans on the Chicken Run were still talking about a famous 3-3 draw with first tier League Champions Burnley in the FA Cup 1960-61 (first FA Cup Final I saw on TV). Burnley were KO'd by Spurs and Bobby Smith (2 goals) in the semi-final. This (talking about the game) did not stop until Bobby Smith was signed about five years later.

Bobby Smith I scored against Burnley in the 1962 FA Cup Final, the first season I went to the Goldstone to watch the Albion play Bristol Rovers (both teams relegated from the old Division 2 and that was my Christmas present)

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2-1 to us

When I first started watching the Albion, the fans on the Chicken Run were still talking about a famous 3-3 draw with first tier League Champions Burnley in the FA Cup 1960-61. Burnley were KO'd by Spurs and Bobby Smith (2 goals) in the semi-final. This (talking about the game) did not stop until Bobby Smith was signed about five years later.

Bobby Smith I scored against Burnley in the 1962 FA Cup Final, the first season I went to the Goldstone to watch the Albion play Bristol Rovers (both teams relegated from the old Division 2 and that was my Christmas present)

I was at that Burnley game, I remember it well. I stood just to the right of the north stand goal right down the front.

Burnley were one of the best teams in England at that time, it was a great result for us

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Half a Century Ago

I was at that Burnley game, I remember it well. I stood just to the right of the north stand goal right down the front.

Burnley were one of the best teams in England at that time, it was a great result for us

The last fifty years have not been so kind to Burnley FC. In 60-61 we were mid-table Division 2, but heading for a fall to Division 4.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I think this one will be a 3-2 victory for the Albion, with many heart-in-mouth moments!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
2-0 to the Albion

Meggy said so then went back to bed to sulk....mumbling F*****g postage stamp of a garden in her very pronounced Welsh accent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here