Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
20111217Burnley.jpg

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Unusual thread title but I like it. Come on albion!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Aside from losing the game to two first-half goals inside three minutes, Matt Sparrow was sent off following a clash with Cobblers midfielder Abdul Osman, while sub Alan Navarro was stretchered off with a serious-looking knee injury.

:shrug:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Venue: Amex Stadium
Date: Saturday 17 December
Kick-off: 1500 GMT

League Matches at Brighton - all time
Brighton wins - 4
Burnley wins - 2
Draws - 3
Brighton goals - 11
Burnley goals - 7

League Results at Brighton - all time
English League Championship

31.01.2006 Brighton 0-0 Burnley
20.11.2004 Brighton 0-1 Burnley
English Division One
28.12.2002 Brighton 2-2 Burnley
English Division Two
09.04.1996 Brighton 1-0 Burnley
16.03.1994 Brighton 1-1 Burnley
26.12.1992 Brighton 3-0 Burnley
English Division Two (old)
03.03.1979 Brighton 2-1 Burnley
11.02.1978 Brighton 2-1 Burnley
18.11.1972 Brighton 0-1 Burnley

Head-to-head
• These clubs have met each other on 18 occasions in the league; Brighton have won six, Burnley six, and six have been drawn.
• Stalemates have been produced in each of the last three Championship clashes.
• Burnley's 1-0 away win in November 2004, is the only decisive result in five league clashes over nine years.

Brighton
• Brighton lie immediately outside the play-off places, three points adrift of sixth-placed Leeds, and are chasing a fourth successive home league win.
• The Seagulls have lost the league game immediate prior to Christmas in each of the last three seasons.
• They have mounted fewer goal attempts than any other club in Championship matches this season (168).

Burnley
• 15th placed Burnley dropped points for the first time in four games, when losing 1-0, home to Portsmouth last Saturday.
• Five of their eight league victories have been picked up away from home, and a sixth would equal the total they gained in the whole of last season in the Championship.
• They have mounted more goal attempts than any other club in Championship matches this season (292).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
3-3

When I first started watching the Albion, the fans on the Chicken Run were still talking about a famous 3-3 draw with first tier League Champions Burnley in the FA Cup 1960-61 (first FA Cup Final I saw on TV). Burnley were KO'd by Spurs and Bobby Smith (2 goals) in the semi-final. This (talking about the game) did not stop until Bobby Smith was signed about five years later.

Bobby Smith I scored against Burnley in the 1962 FA Cup Final, the first season I went to the Goldstone to watch the Albion play Bristol Rovers (both teams relegated from the old Division 2 and that was my Christmas present)

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2-1 to us

When I first started watching the Albion, the fans on the Chicken Run were still talking about a famous 3-3 draw with first tier League Champions Burnley in the FA Cup 1960-61. Burnley were KO'd by Spurs and Bobby Smith (2 goals) in the semi-final. This (talking about the game) did not stop until Bobby Smith was signed about five years later.

Bobby Smith I scored against Burnley in the 1962 FA Cup Final, the first season I went to the Goldstone to watch the Albion play Bristol Rovers (both teams relegated from the old Division 2 and that was my Christmas present)

I was at that Burnley game, I remember it well. I stood just to the right of the north stand goal right down the front.

Burnley were one of the best teams in England at that time, it was a great result for us

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Half a Century Ago

I was at that Burnley game, I remember it well. I stood just to the right of the north stand goal right down the front.

Burnley were one of the best teams in England at that time, it was a great result for us

The last fifty years have not been so kind to Burnley FC. In 60-61 we were mid-table Division 2, but heading for a fall to Division 4.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I think this one will be a 3-2 victory for the Albion, with many heart-in-mouth moments!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
2-0 to the Albion

Meggy said so then went back to bed to sulk....mumbling F*****g postage stamp of a garden in her very pronounced Welsh accent

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here