Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Boys are reforming and announce a new tour and album

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
News | Brian Wilson rejoins Beach Boys for album and tour | For Folks Sake

Brian Wilson has announced he will reunite with the remaining Beach Boys for a 50th anniversary celebration next year.

Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston and David marks will release a new studio album, play a show at the New Orleans Jazz Fest and – excitingly – a 50-date international tour. For the anniversary of their first record, Surfin’ Safari – released in 1962, the band have already recorded several songs for the album, which Brian is producing.

Brian Wilson says, “This anniversary is special to me because I miss the boys and it will be a thrill for me to make a new record and be on stage with them again.” Bruce Johnston says, “I will be looking forward to singing Brian Wilson’s melodies and Mike Love’s lyrics once again in concert with many of the original band members, but imagine what we all could come up with vocally in a recording studio atmosphere under Brian’s musical direction.”

[yt]tS2orIE2QUQ[/yt]

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
That'll cost a fortune, but will have to be done!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cool. I've been very much enjoying the Smile sessions which were recently released.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Do you think that Brian will notice a couple of missing brothers ?

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I am a firm believer the good and the great of music should stay away for this type of venture. However, and as usual I am in the minority.

I remember being dragged to watch Paul McCartney at glasto one year and had to consume a large amount of imported absinthe to make it interesting, which it did.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I just hope Brian is a bit more with it than when I saw him a few years back. He seemed to be elsewhere and when he left the stage he missed an exit and walked straight into a wall.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember being dragged to watch Paul McCartney at glasto one year and had to consume a large amount of imported absinthe to make it interesting, which it did.

Thank your lucky stars...I got dragged to see Basement Jaxx that night.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
good news - as others have said hope Brian is a bit more 'alert' than previous viewings suggested.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Brian & Mike

I saw Brian Wilson at The Royal Festival Hall a couple of years ago. It was beautiful, brought a tear to my eye.

I saw the "Beach Boys" later that year with Mike Love was just about the only original, and smarmy is one of many choice words that covers Mike Love. I just hope he doesn't start beating on Brian again!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How funny. I do vaguely remember "The Jaxx" and a big colourful stageshow although I could be wrong as I had taken a couple of "asprin".

Ha ha. It was colourful. It seemed a good idea at the time but upon reflection I regret not seeing Macca. Things you do for a girl.....

I hope the "headache" went away.

I saw Brian Wilson at The Royal Festival Hall a couple of years ago. It was beautiful, brought a tear to my eye.

I saw the "Beach Boys" later that year with Mike Love was just about the only original, and smarmy is one of many choice words that covers Mike Love. I just hope he doesn't start beating on Brian again!

Cheese factor 10, with that swingin' hip cat Mike Love - a complete wanker and shouldn't be allowed to perform at any level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here