Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Conspiracy Thoeries

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
So what's the best conspiracy theory you've heard. And when I mean best I mean most stupid.

To kick off;

Have heard people claim that music companies have paid Apple money so that the "shuffle" function favours their songs over other songs.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there are just sooo many. the current award for most stupid goes to "chemtrails", because it simply shows the believer failed at science classes and the conspircists cant even agree amongst themselves what the purpose is (mass doping of population, weather manipulation, conduit for HAARP, blocking us from seeing things in the sky are a selection).

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I enjoy the one that there is a secret committee of people that control the whole world. They organise who gets into power in which countries and why, orchestrate wars and control prices of goods worldwide.

Why they would do this is unclear.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I enjoy the one that there is a secret committee of people that control the whole world. They organise who gets into power in which countries and why, orchestrate wars and control prices of goods worldwide.

Why they would do this is unclear.

The funniest thing about this is that one of this "commitee" is supposed to be Prince Philip

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I love the one that Paul McCartney was replaced by a doppleganger in 1968 (or whenever) and that today's Paul McCartney is actually an imposter.

Nov 9, 2011
So what's the best conspiracy theory you've heard. And when I mean best I mean most stupid.

To kick off;

Have heard people claim that music companies have paid Apple money so that the "shuffle" function favours their songs over other songs.

Got a bloke at work who is a firm believer in just about every conspiracy going and thinks the rest of us are barmy for not believing them. Lad has smoked far too much weed. Some of the classics are;

The government are trying to ban garlic as it is too healthy.

World War 2 was a massive conspiracy, everyone was on the same side it was just a way of beating the great depression. Some of the main Nazi's were self hating Jews.

The Freemasons are at the heart of an existing new world order. Jay Z and Rihanna are top bods in this as the Freemasons triangle features heavily in their videos.

America is using lasers to create the earthquakes that keep hitting. Apparently Iran is next.

He has bet me £10 that a similar earthquake hits the London Olympics. Easy money.

Eventually war will be done by robots controlled by people who are really good at COD.

Iran are actually nice blokes all round.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Moon Landings were faked

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
HAARP is being used by the CIA to trigger earthquakes in other countries.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I've just read this and I'm not convinced.

41VE-dtjitL._SS500_.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
former green party spokesman and sports presenter David Ickes theory that the world is run by a secret society of reptilian shapeshifters.

ps he had his eureka moment in brighton of all places!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Barring the one about robot wars, I don't know how this bloke puts his trousers on in the morning.

As for the robots, that's where we're heading anyway, it's not a conspiracy theory. We have unmanned drone surveillance and bombing now, the forces have advanced exo-skeletons in use now, and robot technology is moving on apace (just see QI this week). Fast-forward 50 years and it's not unreasonable - allowing actual people to die in battle will make a government unelectable if they afford not to do it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
former green party spokesman and sports presenter David Ickes theory that the world is run by a secret society of reptilian shapeshifters.

ps he had his eureka moment in brighton of all places!!

But he is right.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Robinson passed to Smith on purpose knowing he would miss so his mate Foster could play in the replay. (Yes somebody told me this and they were being serious).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's an oldie but I still think the Shakespeare didn't write Shakespeare theory is the barmiest of them all.

There's not a whisper of such a thing during Shakespeare's lifetime, nor for 200 years after his death. It's only when someone called Looney (seriously) comes up with some crackpot theory that the idea starts getting legs. But no-on can agree on a potential 'real' writer and two of the most often-named died before Shakespeare finished writing - but, hey, you can't keep a good conspiracy theory down.

So, a theory that's nearly 200 years old and is supported by no evidence whatsoever has done well to last the pace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here