Team Predictions v Forest
Match Preview

Score Predictor (Vote)

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Clickable links on the above page, for team predictions and score forecasts. Nobody expects us to lose and almost everybody thinks we are going to win.

But ...

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 3
Nottingham Forest wins - 4
Draws - 4
Brighton goals - 10
Nottingham Forest goals - 12

League Results at Derby - all time
English League One

07.12.2007 Brighton 0-2 Nottingham Forest
17.02.2007 Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest
English League Championship
22.01.2005 Brighton 0-0 Nottingham Forest
English Division One
15.03.2003 Brighton 1-0 Nottingham Forest
English Division One (old)
03.01.1983 Brighton 1-1 Nottingham Forest
20.02.1982 Brighton 0-1 Nottingham Forest
11.10.1980 Brighton 0-1 Nottingham Forest
29.03.1980 Brighton 1-0 Nottingham Forest
English Division Two (old)
28.04.1973 Brighton 2-2 Nottingham Forest
English Division Three (South)
30.08.1950 Brighton 1-2 Nottingham Forest
20.08.1949 Brighton 2-2 Nottingham Forest

Head-to-head
• Nottingham Forest have won half of their league matches with Brighton; 11 of 22. The Seagulls have prevailed on six occasions, with five drawn.
• Forest's 2-0 victory on the last visit to Brighton in December 2007, was their first at the East Sussex club in over a quarter of a century.
• Brighton have won only three of the 11 home league matches against Forest.

Brighton
• Brighton lie immediately outside the play-offs on goal difference, and on the look out for a fourth win in five.
• Maximum points would complete three straight league wins for the first time since the opening three fixtures of the season.
• Defeat would see the Seagulls matching their total of league losses in last season's championship winning campaign in League One (seven).

Nottingham Forest
• Nottingham Forest have slipped back into the relegation zone, after three defeats in four games, and four in eight under Steve Cotterill.
• Another loss here would see Forest tumbling to three in a row, last suffered immediately before Cotterill's arrival in mid-October.
• If selected, Wes Morgan will be making his 400th appearance in Nottingham Forest colours, 350 of which would be in the league.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
midfield is our weakness i feel, i would like to see Jara Reyes put next to Bridcutt and when fit put vicente in front of them two.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

League Results at Derby - all time
English League One

07.12.2007 Brighton 0-2 Nottingham Forest
17.02.2007 Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest
English League Championship
22.01.2005 Brighton 0-0 Nottingham Forest
English Division One
15.03.2003 Brighton 1-0 Nottingham Forest

We're doomed!!!!!!!!!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
midfield is our weakness i feel, i would like to see Jara Reyes put next to Bridcutt and when fit put vicente in front of them two.

I think nearly everyone on here has come up with that, Gus seems to see it differently

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think nearly everyone on here has come up with that, Gus seems to see it differently

It's true,that said i think your correct as well,now Gus is starting to get all his midfield options fit,we/he shall start to see a difference-the Midfield options now(ok limited by injuries/fitness) are far improved from the start of the season.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We're doomed!!!!!!!!!!

Feck, feck, FECK!!!!

But we were doomed the moment perseus started the thread.
Maybe my silly mistake will void his.

Not to self: I must make sure that I change ALL details, match to match.

I will now go out and flog myself severely with a vinegar drenched rose bush.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Can't see Reyes in midfield today. Surely if fit he will replace Calderon? I think ultimately when everyone is fit Gus will try and play a 4-3-3 that changes to 4-5-1 when opposition have ball. I would have Vicente, Hoskins and CMS up front with Bridders, Noone and Dicker. For today only change will be reyes in for Calderon I reckon

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm starting to get the match day buzz now after nearly recovering from a massive hangover. I'm feeling we could get a good result today but will of course take a 1-0,

Is Reyes back for us today? And I take it Hoskins is ok after Tuesday?......

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who will make ALBION tick in midfield?

Feck, feck, FECK!!!!

But we were doomed the moment perseus started the thread.
Maybe my silly mistake will void his.

Not to self: I must make sure that I change ALL details, match to match.

I will now go out and flog myself severely with a vinegar drenched rose bush.

We always make one silly mistake. It is just that most of the time, the opponents are too useless to take advantage. I expect they will now. It is not my fault, I did not make the mistake.

Seriously, I think Forest will be cagey, play deep and try and pick us off when our midfield ball with a counter-attack. I would like to see Reyes in defence to stop this. But to quote Gus, we have got to be brave and take risks creating something at the risk of losing the ball and a long accurate ball out of defence by Forest.

Classic 4-3-3 means just one holding midfielder = Bridcutt, an attacking right back = Reyes, a left winger = Noone, a straight back four, one target man who comes deep (to draw out defenders) = Barnes or Paynter (not Hoskins), but most of all a central midfielder, but who? I think we ought to play our best team and let Forest do the worrying.

Davis on central midfielders : nice subbuteo players

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Forest will try and park the bus after the drubbing on Tuesday so I would favor an attacking formation to put some pressure on their defence early on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here