English Division One (old)
12.04.1980 Derby 3-0 Brighton
English Division Two (old)
28.04.1962 Derby 2-0 Brighton
20.08.1960 Derby 4-1 Brighton
16.04.1960 Derby 0-1 Brighton
13.12.1958 Derby 1-3 Brighton

Head-to-head
• Derby boast a 50% winning record in league matches against Brighton; 11 of 22.
• The Rams are unbeaten in five second level league games (W3, D2), and have lost one of the last 11 league and cup meetings with the Sussex club.
• It's 27 years since the Seagulls last won on Derby turf.

Derby County
• Derby are battling to avoid a fifth straight league defeat.
• With one victory in 10 league outings, the Rams have slumped from second to 15th in two months.
• Nigel Clough sends out a side for the fifth time in search of the point that will take their all-time league points total to 5,000.

Brighton
• Brighton are four places and two points better off than Derby in 11th, and chasing a third win in four matches, after a nine-match winless streak.
• They have lost their last two on the road, and have only gained two points out of 18 away from the Amex Stadium, since beating Bristol City at Ashton Gate on 10 September.
• No points at Pride Park would see the Seagulls equalling their total of away league defeats for the whole of last season (five).

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
1-0 CMS, Hoping for 3 points tonight. SEAGULLS

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Derby got a few injuries, Robinson, Tyson, Davies, Kilbane. Done a few bets:

£1.50 calderon FGS @ 33/1
£20 on Derby @ 6/4
£2 on 0-0 @ 9/1
£2 on Brighton H/T, draw FT @ 14/1

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Must be the same back 5 tonight that finished against Coventry, as we don't have anything else. Can't see Lualua starting as he leaves his full back too exposed so I'm expecting:

1. Ankergren
2. Calderon
3. Vincelot
4. Bridcutt
5. Dunk
6. Greer
7. Harley
8. Barnes
9. M-Smith
10. Navarro
11. Noone

Subs:
Brezovan
El-Abd
Paynter
Sparrow
Lualua

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am not too hopeful of a result tonight:

Starting XI you'd like to see tonight

Derby County v BHA - Score Predictor 40% of Albion supporters predict a draw. 22% think the Albion will win. I would be inclined to pick P-P if the option was available.

I have hunch that Navarro will start. And I have got a wild idea that Kazenga may start and Noone given a rest. That trouble with Noone not playing, it also means Harley starts to take the corners (I don't we will get any though!), unless Vicente makes an appearance. Not Spanish weather though.

Secret weapon, El-Abd could be on the bench?

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My most memorable match against Derby was the 1-1 League Cup draw at the Goldstone, when Peter Ward scored very early on.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Derby got a few injuries, Robinson, Tyson, Davies, Kilbane. Done a few bets:

£1.50 calderon FGS @ 33/1
£20 on Derby @ 6/4
£2 on 0-0 @ 9/1
£2 on Brighton H/T, draw FT @ 14/1

I could never bet on the opposition. I know it leads to a "win-win" situation but still :moo:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My most memorable match against Derby was the 1-1 League Cup draw at the Goldstone, when Peter Ward scored very early on.

One of those games where the Goldstone was so packed there was no chance of having a piss at half time if you wanted to get back to where you were standing.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand

Didn't Charlie George play for Derby in that one?
Or was that an earlier game against them at the Goldstone?
I'm seeing 2-2 through a cloud of mental and physical deterioration (senility)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Last time we played them was on a wet midweek in a league cup game, they spanked us 4-0 I believe.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last time we played them was on a wet midweek in a league cup game, they spanked us 4-0 I believe.

4-1, Elphick scored.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am not too hopeful of a result tonight:

Starting XI you'd like to see tonight

Derby County v BHA - Score Predictor 40% of Albion supporters predict a draw. 22% think the Albion will win. I would be inclined to pick P-P if the option was available.

I have hunch that Navarro will start. And I have got a wild idea that Kazenga may start and Noone given a rest. That trouble with Noone not playing, it also means Harley starts to take the corners (I don't we will get any though!), unless Vicente makes an appearance. Not Spanish weather though.

Secret weapon, El-Abd could be on the bench?
Harley took some corners on saturday and Noone was playing

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I seem to remember an evening game at the Withers in the Championship a few years ago when Kerry Mayo scored the winner.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Normal service to be resumed this evening, I fear:

Derby County 2-0 Brighton

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Started the season on fire, much like ourselves and have slid downwards ever since....I would take a draw tonight and a win on Saturday. Think a lot depends on how Gus approaches the game. If he goes there for the draw, we will lose. If we take the game to them, we could win it....Just don't think we will take it to them, hope i'm wrong.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
One of those games where the Goldstone was so packed there was no chance of having a piss at half time if you wanted to get back to where you were standing.

one of my mates used to take an old flexible waste pipe and use that I used to moan at him.
he has now passed on and he should have left it to me as I am sure I would need one now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here