Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only fools & horses - disillusioned

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Being a fan of the series and watched each episodes countless times I always assumed the trotters were millwall fans.....that was until today!
In the very first episode being shown on BBC1 at the moment, straight after the Sidney Poitier sketch, dell leaves the front room to grab his coat from the hallway. As he removes the coat as bold as brass there lies a crystal palace scarf.
My love for the trotters has now diminished and I'm depressed

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Being a fan of the series and watched each episodes countless times I always assumed the trotters were millwall fans.....that was until today!
In the very first episode being shown on BBC1 at the moment, straight after the Sidney Poitier sketch, dell leaves the front room to grab his coat from the hallway. As he removes the coat as bold as brass there lies a crystal palace scarf.
My love for the trotters has now diminished and I'm depressed

But Rodney's middle name is Charlton, after Heston? No, Atheltic!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Boys (well Dels )dad was Millwall and the Mum was Charlton - hence Rodneys middle name

*anorak*

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It changes in many episodes I'm afraid.

In a Royal Flush Rodney talks about standing on the Shed end to watch Chelsea.....

Del Boy: I see ICI dropped a point.
Rodney: Yeah. Chelsea dropped three on Saturday

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
It changes in many episodes I'm afraid.

In a Royal Flush Rodney talks about standing on the Shed end to watch Chelsea.....

Rather inconsistency than Palace though eh. In fact if there's no mention of palace like there are of millwall charlton and chelsea then we can assume that the palace scarf must have been left there by another, lesser, unlikeable character. A one episode character. Some kind of numpty. It only stands to reason, after all - Palace.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Rather inconsistency than Palace though eh. In fact if there's no mention of palace like there are of millwall charlton and chelsea then we can assume that the palace scarf must have been left there by another, lesser, unlikeable character. A one episode character. Some kind of numpty. It only stands to reason, after all - Palace.

Maybe they picked it up as a trophy from the Palace fan they beat up after a match?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Or Trigger perhaps ?:p

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Wasn't John Sullivan the Palace fan, he's from Balham which is of course Palace territory.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
NO NO NO !! They are Charlton fans hence Rodney having his middle name forced on him by his dad (Charlton) !!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Sid was the Palace fan. The smelly thick one, that ran the cafe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here