Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best burger in Sussex?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Used to be a great spot in the arcade at the end of Montague Street in Worthing, Old Nicks? Sadly I am pretty sure it closed some time back.

For a good burger these days some pubs around here are really getting it right. White Horse at Mare Hill, Queens Head in West Chilt, both making very good burgers. Of course the Rising Sun in Nutbourne used to do the greatest ever burger, but since the new chef I don't really like it so much any more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Certainly NOT the Uncle Sam's in Durrington.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My favourite chicken burger I've ever bought was at gourmet fish and chips at the marina.

For beef burgers, I've found my favourites tend to be the ones I make myself, experimenting with different spices or keeping it plain. There's something extra satisfying about home made burgers.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Grubbs in Hove used to do a fantastic lamb Burger

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
The Rodmill in Eastbourne has just been taken over by Flaming Grill. Does a mean burger too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are you joking? Double bacon cheese burger for me please yum yum :drool:

I have enjoyed Uncle Sams for years but the quality has slipped badly recently imo. Maybe Durrington is the only one that has gone a bit shit? :shrug:

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Lancing Burger Bar , real quality beef and very tasty with cheese , mushrooms and garlic mayo , lovely ! Understand their battered onion rings are fab too , not tried yet though.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
The Rodmill in Eastbourne has just been taken over by Flaming Grill. Does a mean burger too.
I drive past it every morning, taking my daughter to School, seen the sign for Flaming Grill, will give their Burgers a try. Thanks :)

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Used to be a great spot in the arcade at the end of Montague Street in Worthing, Old Nicks? Sadly I am pretty sure it closed some time back.

For a good burger these days some pubs around here are really getting it right. White Horse at Mare Hill, Queens Head in West Chilt, both making very good burgers. Of course the Rising Sun in Nutbourne used to do the greatest ever burger, but since the new chef I don't really like it so much any more.

Old Nicks has been replaced by the All Beef Burger company and it is even better, best arouind imo

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Talbot in Cuckfield make a fantastic burger. And the chips that go with it are also amazing. Bit pricey though at £11 for a bacon cheese burger!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here