Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever met someone famous who turned out to be a total arse?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just wondering, based on a conversation earlier today about which celebrities you'd put money on being total cocks away from the cameras. Prompted by someone saying they met Jimmy Savile when they were younger and found he was a right miserable *******.

My money, for what it's worth, was on Timmy Mallett. I may of course be being completely unfair, and would welcome correction from anyone fortunate to experience his greatness in person, but I just have a hunch he's probably an utter stroker, on as well as off screen.

So, ever met anyone who shattered your illusions?*

*please don't think I was ever under any particular illusions about Mallett as such, that was just an example. Childhood heroes who disappoint can be so crushing :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My mate met Mick Foley (Mankind/Cactus Jack, VERY famous WWF wrestler) in an airport. Mate asked for autograph and said that it was given very ungraciously, and that Mick came across as a moody, arrogant and up-his-own-arse.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Not meet but made the mistake of reading Alex Guiness's biography, I was gutted as loved him as an actor but he was a bit of a religious self rightous tossbag

I know its the oposite but the Only "famous" persons I have ever met I bumped into george roper from Goerge in Mildred, he walked into me in the tube station he apologies then I relised who it was and had a chat, nice bloke, also Bunside I meet him few years back at West Ham another nice bloke

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Norman Cook. Seriously off his head after a Mighty Boosh concert when I met him.

I saw him outside a Brighton Centre Boosh gig, so probably the same one as you? Didn't talk to him then, but did meet Gary Numan at the same concert, who was very friendly.

Have however got a photo of Norman Cook looking very glum, sitting about 7 seats to the right of me, in a photo I took in the North Stand at Withdean. I was trying to subtly to take a photo of him while pretending to take a photo of the ground, and he had rumbled me and looks VERY annoyed in the photo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Norman Cook. Seriously off his head after a Mighty Boosh concert when I met him.

I have met Julian Barratt (Howard Moon) twice. Both times he was so drunk he had to be carried under his arms by other people. True story. Rich Fulcher (Bob Fossil) was by far the friendliest and most personal of the Boosh crowd and took his time out to chat, no ego at all, and genuinely a hilarious bloke. Noel was always surrounded by girls, as expected.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've met Eileen from Driving School, Winston from Eastenders and Nina Nannar and they were all absolutely lovely.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A female friend of mine once met John McCririck at Ascot Racecourse, she was working for ToteSport at the time and he said to her (she tells me he said these EXACT words), "Sorry Darling, any blokes around? I fancy a bet. Nice tits though".

I wouldn't have expected anything more from that prick though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I saw him outside a Brighton Centre Boosh gig, so probably the same one as you? Didn't talk to him then, but did meet Gary Numan at the same concert, who was very friendly.

Have however got a photo of Norman Cook looking very glum, sitting about 7 seats to the right of me, in a photo I took in the North Stand at Withdean. I was trying to subtly to take a photo of him while pretending to take a photo of the ground, and he had rumbled me and looks VERY annoyed in the photo.

Definitely the same one. I got backstage for that gig and shared the lift down with Gary Numan. To be honest, he was perhaps one of the coolest people I have met. Noel Fielding (friend of a friend) was like a dumbstruck schoolboy when Gary walked in, all very funny.

[not intended to be a name dropping post, but felt it needed the context...]

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jeremy Bowen, BBC middle east correspondent is very pompous and looks like a tramp.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Archie Gemmill, played a school match v and Ecclesbourne (arch enemies, posh kids) team containing Scott Gemmill, grumpy bstard, wouldn't sign autographs. Way to ruin your hero status... Actuall, Scott was a cocky arse also, do I get 2FORE1?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A female friend of mine once met John McCririck at Ascot Racecourse, she was working for ToteSport at the time and he said to her (she tells me he said these EXACT words), "Sorry Darling, any blokes around? I fancy a bet. Nice tits though".

I wouldn't have expected anything more from that prick though.
On the flip side, he was very polite to my young daughter when we met him at Bath races in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here