Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Ultra's" are killing the atmosphere

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
exactly the opposite of what they are trying to achieve.

Today there were fans divided blokes singing retro songs, blokes singing 'usual' songs, and goons singing the new drivel.

It re-inforced how split the fans have become. One of the good things about Gillingham/early Withdean days was that few goony kids went. In the later years, it because easier to get tickets, and all the retards started going. Now, they are at the teenage age when they can start chants with their few mates and think it's funny/good, like their magiko bollocks.

You know, I know it, everyone knows it. The rubbish north stand/palace song has divided everyone. The rest of the crap they sing does the same. The atmosphere today was woeful largely because the NSKunts don't approve of singing something that isn't foreign, complicated and crap.

Away games used to be much more fun when everyone stuck to singing the same thing loudly, regardless of whether the ultra goons like it. Our away fans these days? One of the worst in the league, and a lot of it is their fault. Expect Amex atmosphere to go the same way and be as quiet at St Andrews was today if they keep on singing the same drivel.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Positive as always........next!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Today there were fans divided blokes singing retro songs, blokes singing 'usual' songs, and goons singing the new drivel.

It re-inforced how split the fans have become. One of the good things about Gillingham/early Withdean days was that few goony kids went. In the later years, it because easier to get tickets, and all the retards started going. Now, they are at the teenage age when they can start chants with their few mates and think it's funny/good, like their magiko bollocks.

You know, I know it, everyone knows it. The rubbish north stand/palace song has divided everyone. The rest of the crap they sing does the same. The atmosphere today was woeful largely because the NSKunts don't approve of singing something that isn't foreign, complicated and crap.

Away games used to be much more fun when everyone stuck to singing the same thing loudly, regardless of whether the ultra goons like it. Our away fans these days? One of the worst in the league, and a lot of it is their fault. Expect Amex atmosphere to go the same way and be as quiet at St Andrews was today if they keep on singing the same drivel.

YAY - another thread moaning about our fans actually making some noise rather than sitting in a library style atmosphere like Withdean was

So can you tell me which set of singing fans were the NSKs then?
The few behind the goal or the larger group nearer the right hand side of the pitch ?
- I can't tell you myself as neither group appeared to have been them so care to let me know?

(however i expect the OP is just fishing)

Last edited:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
long-winded moany nonsense about the NSK

Change the f***ing record you utter, utter prick. I mean seriously, who stole your lunch money? The atmosphere was alright today, singing more or less all game. I was in the middle and didn't hear Majiko or North Stand once. I don't think you've made a single post on here that isn't about the NSK - we get it, you don't like them. I'm indifferent myself, I don't like everything they come up with but I like their enthusiasm and effort. But moaning twats with chip on their shoulder like you are just as f***ing bad for ruining atmospheres.

And by the way, we are NOT the worst away fans in the league, not by a country mile. The only reason fans are split is because some people want to get involved, and some like you want things like they were in Gillingham days. Here's some advice, if you liked Gillingham so much, f***ing go support them. Because I for one would rather go to Birmingham with 2,000 Albion fans singing, regardless of what you and the other self-appointed cognoscenti deem appropriate to sing, than traipse 300 to Hereford and sing Albion 3 times a half when you decide we're allowed to. Muppet.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There's obviously some personal beef with a member or three of the NSK. If you don't like what they sing or think they lack in something, then do your worst and get an atmosphere going.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting

boring

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
From someone who can't get to away or home games......Keep going NSK sing you hearts out and sing some more for me! If some miserable old fool doesn't like your songs then sing them louder and see if him and his mates can drown you out with renditions of "we're the west side......" or some other humourless drone. Culture changes and you fellas are embracing that...respect. Oh and for my credentials which seems to be very important....I was at Hereford, I was at Fans United, the last game at the Goldstone, a few at Gillingham and more than a few at withdean (due to work commitments).

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Change the f***ing record you utter, utter prick. I mean seriously, who stole your lunch money? The atmosphere was alright today, singing more or less all game. I was in the middle and didn't hear Majiko or North Stand once. I don't think you've made a single post on here that isn't about the NSK - we get it, you don't like them. I'm indifferent myself, I don't like everything they come up with but I like their enthusiasm and effort. But moaning twats with chip on their shoulder like you are just as f***ing bad for ruining atmospheres.

And by the way, we are NOT the worst away fans in the league, not by a country mile. The only reason fans are split is because some people want to get involved, and some like you want things like they were in Gillingham days. Here's some advice, if you liked Gillingham so much, f***ing go support them. Because I for one would rather go to Birmingham with 2,000 Albion fans singing, regardless of what you and the other self-appointed cognoscenti deem appropriate to sing, than traipse 300 to Hereford and sing Albion 3 times a half when you decide we're allowed to. Muppet.

Agreed...

What is wrong with coming up with new songs, personally i am not a big fan of the Majiko song, but i do quite like the north stand (or Brighton, on away days). we are not in the 80's / 90's any longer, and just because there are a lot of older fans, that want to sing the retro stuff, doesn't mean it has to be sung all of the time, i love the retro songs, but we need to mix it up.

This is a team for 2011/12, lets sing for them, and i don't care if it is old or new, let's sing our hearts out.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

good post

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
What? Fans singing at a football match... That is sooooo bad! How dare they!

Some people seem to be creating threads for the sake of it these days. Get a life and move with the times or do us all a favour and support you're local county league team or something of that nature.. Bluebottle collecting is becoming popular nowdays, so I've heard!

I listened on the radio yesterday and our fans sounded in fine voice to me... Creativity slightly lacking maybe, but at least they were loud and proud!

It's about time all the whinging and whining stopped on here. You are ruining an excellent forum of late and it's getting boring IMO. If someone gifted you a £20 note you would prefer two tenners FFS!

You're ticket on the Gus bus has expired!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here