Fourth Official Geoff Law

Match Preview
Score Predictor (Vote)

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm torn. I want to highlight that starting the last thread early cursed us into a loss, but it also lead to the best 90minute performance in the last 8 games (at least)...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm torn. I want to highlight that starting the last thread early cursed us into a loss, but it also lead to the best 90minute performance in the last 8 games (at least)...

Can't have a separate pre-match thread. It doesn't work. **** match. Clickable first post.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Even I would not start one this early....

Ridiculous.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Star **** Games Ratings

Even I would not start one this early....

Ridiculous.

I don't want to get into a habit of starting this thread. Just thought we could use a design change.

* Friendlies and unimportant games
** Middle of the table nothing games against low profile opposition
*** Average Championship games and Cup games against inferior opposition
**** Important season defining games, local derbies and opposition with star names
***** Crunch games

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
As good as it looks, it's just not right this early.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
NO NO NO .

cant wait for it tomorrow though

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Hoskins hasn't travelled, source - twitter

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I don't want to get into a habit of starting this thread. Just thought we could use a design change.

* Friendlies and unimportant games
** Middle of the table nothing games against low profile oppositiono
*** Average Championship games and Cup games against inferior opposition
**** Important season defining games, local derbies and opposition with star names
***** Crunch games

Every Brighton match is as important as the last/next one for me !

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tactics

Team against Birmingham:
Team to play Birmingham

Because Birmingham press high up the pitch, I think we would want some speed merchants up front, with Noone and Mackail-Smith definite starters and Lua lua on the bench. I think the Birmingham full-backs back up their wingers and press so we need Jara Reyes at right back. I think Paynter may very well start. Vicente I would definitely include. I would have Vincelot in the squad as well.

how-to-make-the-opposition-play-the-long-ball-game.jpg

How to make the opposition play the long ball game by Chris Hughton

I think Chris Hughton might and try and make us play the long ball.

Harper
Jara Dunk Greer Painter
Buckley Bridcutt Vicente Noone
Mackail-Smith Paynter

Ankregren, Vincelot, Lua lua, Barnes, Harley

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
League Matches at Birmingham
Brighton wins - 1
Birmingham wins - 3
Draws - 3
Brighton goals - 8
Birmingham goals - 11

League Results at Birmingham - all time
English Division Two

29.04.1995 Birmingham 3-3 Brighton
English Division Two (old)
08.04.1989 Birmingham 1-2 Brighton
14.02.1987 Birmingham 2-0 Brighton
23.03.1985 Birmingham 1-1 Brighton
English Division One (old)
02.05.1983 Birmingham 1-1 Brighton
27.03.1982 Birmingham 1-0 Brighton
07.02.1981 Birmingham 2-1 Brighton

Head-to-head
• These clubs have met 20 times competitively; Birmingham have won eight, Brighton six, with a share of the spoils on six occasions.
• They last clashed in the league in April 1995, when six goals were shared at St Andrews. Birmingham were top of the third tier at the time and went on to win promotion.
• The Seagulls' only away league win over Birmingham was a 2-1 second tier triumph in April 1989.

Birmingham
• Birmingham are pursuing a seventh successive victory in league and cup, and defending a 100% league record in October.
• They are on the longest current winning sequence in the Championship of four games, and are looking to complete five straight wins for the first time since December 2009.
• Blues have kept three consecutive clean sheets in the Championship, and have not conceded in 325 minutes (five hours 25 minutes) since Ishmael Miller scored the opener for Nottingham Forest in Birmingham's 3-1 victory at the City Ground on 2 October.

Brighton
• Brighton have slipped from top to 13th, after a run of seven winless games. That followed an unbeaten six-game start, in which 16 points were bagged.
• The Seagulls have gained three points out of 21 since beating struggling Bristol City on 10 September at Ashton Gate.
• They have squandered an unequalled 12 Championship points from winning positions.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Match Preview - Albion v Birmingham City

The matches I remember most were a victory as a Division Three against Two side in the l
League Cup in the late sixties, and a defeat near the end of our days at the Goldstone when we were really up against it, but we only lost 0-1 because of some last ditch defending.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've only been out of the country for a a few weeks and I come back to high tech matchday postings! If it changes our luck I'm all for it - flew in this morning early and just killing time in the town centre before making my way to St Andrews for 1pm and lunch in the Boardroom - expecting some pretty gung-ho pre-match banter from their lot but I'm confident we will have the last laugh as long as we keep Woody in check - he has gained a yard of pace and a lot of confidence since last season and could easily come back to haunt us but if it's true that Dunk is out and assuming Reyes covers in the centre I think we will be okay.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What is our side going to be and what formation? As usual I have not got a clue.

If we are going to play passing football in the tippy-tappy style, surely it has got to be 4-3-3 ?
Gus Tactics

But this is the big test if Gus
gus-poyet.jpg
can still play this system against Chris Hughton who knows (or professes to know) how to stop teams playing the passing game and make them play the long ball.

I would like to se Lua lua on the pitch at some time.
Hughton: Dealing with a quick winger

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here