Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disney Transportation Service - Amex

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
cable.jpg
I went on one at blizzard beach.

Granted its not transport away from Disney but it could be used to get people to the west stand upper

Yes! Cable cars to the WSU.

Aug 23, 2011
Who here has been to Disney World, Orlando, Florida? And stayed in a Disney resort?

Well couldn't we benefit from a similar transportation service at the Amex for the park and ride.

Sheltered bus stops with fixed queue lines in place, is exactly what we need at the Amex.

Out there, they have a lot more than 20,000 people leaving the parks at closing time, yet manage to get them away with no trouble at all.

How about getting our own coaches too. Enough to keep the flow constant.

Seems silly that £100M has been spent on the new stadium but, getting fans away seems as though it has never been designed for.

It is very organised but if you're staying at the more popular hotels you can be queueing for nearly an hour but surely only the AMEX has transport problems :p

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
I have waited a half hour at Disney California of-peak, other times very quick service but worth looking into. I travel by train and think the service going east is what I expected. The park and ride sounds like a nightmare.

Last edited:

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Why do people think they shouldn't have to queue for anything :shrug: 20.000 people leaving at the same time but i want a seat right now & don't want to wait :facepalm:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
How about a massive lazy river encircling the whole of sussex. After the game, simply inflate your ring (stored under seat) and jump in the river. Climb out when you reach your village. Stewards will be available to assist your exit and hand you a fluffy towel.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I must admit that while i have been to the amex alot less than many the times i have gone only once have i really had an issue getting home and that was the one evening game i went to which was Gillingham in the cup, for me the issue appears to be going to Lewes and not to Brighton, what i saw that night was about 3 Brighton trains to Lewes one, and i might be wrong or it could have just been that the Brighton bound fans were getting away quicker that there were more fans heading towards Lewes than Brighton.

I am not sure how they can really sort the problem its not just a click ya fingers and get it done job, but if were seriously looking at adding more seats then we need to look into it in depth.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
The thing about WDW is that most people using Disney transportation are going back to one of a relatively small number of hotels, not all to individual towns.

Plus you get fireworks and happy choons while you wait

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We could learn a thing or two from theme parks, they make the queues exciting by having entertainment and mystical music to build you for the excitement of the ride ahead. You think nothing of queueing for half an hour to get on a rollercoaster so what Southern need to do is make the train journey as exciting as a rollercoaster. Perhaps they could add a couple of loop-the-loops and a steep drop into Falmer station, then give you the option to buy a photo at the end.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Why can't they install big screen TVs in the coach park area so at least people can watch the news or something whilst they are waiting. Just like Disney do to keep the crowd entertained.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Funnily enough I suggested this about a year and half ago having been to Disney. Will dig the thread out when I can be arsed to search. The things that drop you back to the car park are great. Not sure they would be able to cope with the A27 though!!!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
so two pages and no mention of "Mickey Mouse Club"

some sort've record, right?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I must admit that while i have been to the amex alot less than many the times i have gone only once have i really had an issue getting home and that was the one evening game i went to which was Gillingham in the cup, for me the issue appears to be going to Lewes and not to Brighton, what i saw that night was about 3 Brighton trains to Lewes one, and i might be wrong or it could have just been that the Brighton bound fans were getting away quicker that there were more fans heading towards Lewes than Brighton.

I am not sure how they can really sort the problem its not just a click ya fingers and get it done job, but if were seriously looking at adding more seats then we need to look into it in depth.

One simple solution, longer bloody trains. Monday night stood in pouring rain & Lewes trians came & went with only 3 or 4 carriages, platform can take at least 6, that twice as many people on one g.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here