SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/7268848/Seagulls-swoop-for-Paynter

Brighton have sealed a loan deal for Leeds striker Billy Paynter, skysports.com can confirm.

Seagulls manager Gus Poyet has beaten a host of Championship clubs to Paynter's signature.

The 27-year-old has only been on the fringes of the first-team squad and now Elland Road boss Simon Grayson has allowed him to move to the Amex Stadium.

Paynter will now move to Brighton until January, where he will look to impress.

He will be included in Brighton's squad this weekend to face Birmingham.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Leeds fans will be crying into their Tetleys this afternoon. Sorry, did I say crying? I meant laughing.

Lets hope it was the set up at Leeds he couldn't get on with and he does a lot better here.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
IN GUS WE TRUST , hope he is the man we need .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Leeds fans at work think he is FOOKING SHITE

Their words NOT mine. Thing is we need someone to aim at since we lost Murray.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm DELIGHTED at this.

Basically we need a lump to play off of. He needs no intention of actually SCORING. We just need a focal point to allow CMS and co to buzz around.

He did this for Simon Cox at Swindon and hopefully it will work here.

Again, this is a TEAM signing. Don't expect him to be a key scorer. He will allow others to play.

Last season people MOANED about Woods. I can GUARENTEE they would have him in the squad now.

Loan, no financial commitment. Worth the gamble.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Should certainly bring Mackail- Smith in to the game far more by winning flick ons, holding up the ball etc. Even if he's not a great goalscorer himself at this level, he is certainly the type of player we are lacking

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Was looking at few Leeds forums a couple of weeks ago and the general consensus is, that they are glad to see the back of him, some have even said he is the worst player to ever grace the LUFC shirt !!
I do find this odd as a lot of clubs were interested in signing him.
Hopefully like someone on here has already mentioned it was the whole LUFC set up that was no good for him.
Bring it on Billy and do ya best son !!!!!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
His awful guys come on, you only have to read the Leeds reviews of him. Im really disappointed by this

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here