Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seat transfers

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given that there are at least 1,500 seats unoccupied at the Amex each match, is there any way that STH's can 'rent' their seat to anyone wanting a seat for an individual match. This could generate money for both the STH and the club, if the Albion took a commission on any re-sales.

I appreciate that we try to offer a solution here on NSC, but am aware that we only represent a fraction of the total fanbase.

As someone keen to attend the Barnsley match, but with the ticket system saying there are none left, even in the South Stand, it does seem a shame that the attendance will be (realistically) sub 20,000 and I promise to buy a pie or two too.

On a separate issue, any chance of co-ordinating the main site and ticket site? The former is still advertising tickets for Barnsley, but after the somewhat tortuous event that is ordering tickets online, only to find that eventually there are none left, it does seem a bit of a waste of time.

Cheers

EP

Last edited:

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Totally agree, we need a solution to fill the empty seats. It seems silly that people are desperate to go but STH have bought a permanent seat they don't sit in!

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
There is a bigger issue here with allocated sets. I bought some tickets for the southern end of the East Stand against Barnsley. Later, another friend also wanted a ticket. As seats are allocated on purchase it was impossible to add another ticket with the rest of my party. In any case, it was "sold out" per the ticket system.

At the match, it was a bit disappointing to find 2 spare seats next to me, and several empty rows just infront of me. These could and should have been sold. I can't imagine that they were all sold to people who did not turn up.

Also, have any STH's decided that they would like to occasionally take their kids, family or friends with them to sample the Amex. Nice idea, but unless you want to buy yourself another ticket, you can't sit with them. We must think of a way of being flexible at games, to get as many seats as possible filled without having friends and family unable to sit together.

I'm sure the problem is caused by a lot of people, me included, buying a season ticket as a way of being 100% certain of being at the first game. I personally know of 2 or 3 other people who did that (and I am sure there are many more) and as they live some way from Brighton are only likely to attend a few games in a year.

At the moment, my ticket is unused for the vast majority of games. I would be very happy if there was a system in place that enabled the club to sell this when I was not using it. From a financial point of view, being at that opening game was worth every penny to me that the season ticket cost me for the whole season, so I am not looking for the club to reimburse me in any way for games I can't attend. In fact, with a workable system in place the club will be able to effectively sell my seat twice for most games.

Surely it would be possible to devise an online system where ST holders could free up their ticket for games they know they will be unable to attend so the club could resell them. Perhaps there should be some credit to ST holders who free up their seats in this way which are then resold by the club, to encourage those ST holders to free up the seats.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
is there not a ticket exchange. i remember this was a big part of the sell for season tickets in january.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
If the Club resold tickets, they could hold the credit and deduct it off the ST Holders account for next season. The ST Holder gets the credit without the Club having to process loads of refunds. The Club benefit from cashflow until renewal time and keep the cash if tickets are not renewed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here